CO2 dial-in in the 36 continues. I will be running 1/8" OD poly tubing in place of my 1/4" OD silicone tubing from laundry room to all 3 tanks next week after the last of my parts arrive. The silicone is working, but I have had a few connections pop loose lately. My pH pen is a piece of junk, but it looks like my pH drop from degassed is about 1.5 in the 36 now (from 6.4-ish to 4.9-ish).
Here is the overgrown 36 on Wednesday before a Thursday evening trim and redecorating. R.wallichii and Tonina fluviatilis were hidden behind H.'Sunset' which grows like a giant weed, so I took a weed whacker to the middle of the tank.
I moved Limnophila indica (ambulia) from the 20 to the back-left corner. From there to the right: Hygrophila polysperma 'Sunset', Rotala wallichii, Heteranthera zosterifolia (stargrass), Bacopa caroliniana. I'm hoping it will look better as that back row fills in, but the left corner may have too much flow for L.indica to deal with gracefully.
Up front, the larger Erio 'Vietnam' is melting a bit in the center. I need to keep an eye on that. Limnophila chinensis and Oldenlandia salzmannii are starting to settle in. I don't intend to keep L.chinensis up front for long.
Here it is today, a few days later.
I have been battling green dust & slime in the 10gal for a few weeks now. I don't think I changed water frequently enough when I first installed the Landen soil. Its location leads to less attention than the others, and it gets appropriately de-prioritized. I am using this tank primarily for healing and propagation.
Syngonanthus macrocaulon ‘Giant’ are recovering from their stint in the high-KH 20gal. The new growth looks much better than the old brown skirts they still wear, and they are branching nicely. Soon I will have many more stems. Staurogyne repens suffered a meltdown last week, but it appears to be hanging on to life.
My last couple stems of Ammannia Senegalensis are tucked away behind L.cardinalis. I have not been able to make this plant do anything but stunt and grow roots. If it ever comes around, I would love to give it a more prominent place.
I still have AR in all 3 tanks, and it looks like some form of crap in all. I think this picture is more flattering than real life.
I ripped out most of the dwarf baby tears / AKA HC / AKA algae-velcro. That felt good.
Lobelia cardinalis 'Small Form' is looking sturdy. There's still a bit of green dust leftover from last week. I am hoping to get this pair to multiply, but I haven't had much luck yet. I love the look of this plant, and I think it has a future on my bar in that low 20gal Long tank if it can handle a little KH. The lone Buce in this tank half melted this week. 10gal FTS: