25 Landen Rimless - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-12-2020, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I think that someone should produce a new Netflix series called "Algae Hunters". Algae seems like a hobby within a hobby...

My BBA is on retreat. Basically I am just following general wisdom that I have gathered on TPT: cutting off affected leaves, increase CO2, adjusting tank flow, spot treatment with Excell, and more aggressive tank hygiene which for me included not overfeeding. It is fun watching those little buggers racing around for food but I think that I was coincidentally decreasing their water quality.

My one suggestion to others would be if you see any BBA at all then work it right away. Figure out which of the above issues you need to improve. It will not die or leave by itself and will just spread until you find your balance again. Yes, I know that this has been said here before but it is a hard won lesson for some of us...

Last week I added several Ottos and a few more Nerites in anticipation of the new tank. Hopefully it will ship in about a week. I guess I will start a new thread at that time. I have most of the equipment for it and am now figuring out the hardscape. It is tricky when you have an established tank and want to move it's contents to a larger one. I want to reuse my existing hardscape while adding more to take advantage of the new roomy space but not just recreate the old look. I think that this is called a "good" problem :-)
Econde likes this.

Last edited by mourip; 10-12-2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: wording
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-08-2020, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Just a note on the new tank. The 120P arrived this week from Waterbox. It is huge compared to my 25 gallon. Tomorrow a couple of guys from Task Rabbit who have moving equipment, experience, and youth will come by to transfer the tank from my outside garage to my basement. I will take a bit of time setting it up and basically run it in parallel for a while, letting it cycle with some old media and then move over livestock and a few selected plants from the 60P.

I will either start posting some photos here of just begin a new journal. Fun!
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-23-2020, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I have the 120P set up with hardscape and hope to have the filter and CO2 ready in a day or so. Planting after that. Once I have moved over livestock from the 25 Landen I hope to sell it along with the Twinstar "S" light and the CO2Art regulator system and diffusor to someone locally in the DC/MD/VA area.

New light is Twinstar "S" also. Filter is Oase Biomaster Thermo 600 and it has beautiful custom CO2 regulator system by @Bettatail.

I am hoping that the Biomaster 600 will provide enough flow as it will also be pushing through a Nilcog CO2 reactor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3228.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	905393
typically and Roboto like this.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I migrated everything over from the old tank and added a lot of plants. The big sword on the left will probably either get a serious trim of a new home.

I will start a new journal but until then...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3292b.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	906857
Thelongsnail and chrisg like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode