here is an update on this project.
I spent a couple of weeks designing and building the sump. There is a seperate thread about that, seen here:
Now I am doing the plumbing. Here is what I had planned for:
The PVC parts were bought from FlexPVC online. The box was big, heavy and expensive to ship like $35 shipping!
There are a lot of small things which need to be done. Like the glass canopies wont fit, too small. So I removed the original middle support and installed some glass strips, like this.
Here is how the canopy now sits on the top:
Then I installed the black background. It was surprisingly easy to do. Hopefully the massive, ugly overflow box will blend into the background.
I have been plumbing it for the past 2-3 days. Here is what the whole thing looks like today. Still gotta do the vertical plumbing parts. Off to do that now...
PS: I know, I know......too many elbows there! But I was out of space. Needed to leave space for CO2 cylinder on the right side and needed enough length for the manifold. Plus, if I moved the sump all the way to the right, the durso drain wont fit easily with 45 degree PVC pipe fittings. More details on all those thoughts later.