Canoe2Can's 45 gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Canoe2Can's 45 gallon

Look down a little further. This was a feeble attempt by a computer illiterate.

Last edited by Canoe2Can; 01-08-2005 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Didn't work the first time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Hop
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Welp that ain't going to work for posting pics. Read This to learn how to post them pics If you decide to use the planted tank image hosting. Otherwise you will need to find another place on the web to host your pics and insert the link to the image. Good Luck
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thank you, Hop! Never would have figured that out on my own. If only I had been born after 1980 and understood this whole computer thing.

At any rate, these are two pictures of my 45 tank. The first was taken on the night that it was set up (early Dec.) and the second was taken about a week ago. Since then, I have torn it all down and replanted, so in a few weeks I guess I'll put another one up.

Tank specs:
45 Column Tank (25 x 18 x 24 inches)
Coralife Aqualight, 2 x 65W, 6700K
3 inches of Eco-Complete
HOT Magnum filter, usually with micron cartridge
5 lb CO2 tank with Azoo regulator, unknown brand of diffuser that bubbles into the filter intake
Temp: 80 F
KH: around 7 last I measured
GH: around 12
pH: around 7
Ferts: Kent micronutrient with Iron, looking to get some better stuff in the future.
Fish: 6 green neons (P. simulans), 5 guppies (P. reticulata), 3 cory cats (C. juhli)
Plants: E. bleheri, E. cordifolius, E. 'ozelot', some type of chain sword, V. dubyana, Nymphaea zenkeri, Val. americana, Limnophilia sessiflora, Heteranthera, Ludwigia repens, Mayaca, Myriophyllum, Alternanthera reinecki

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 06:13 AM
Hop
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
No problem. Glad to see you got them posted. I wish every one would post. I can never get enough of seeing people's tanks. I may have to join a support group.
Looks like you have a good start going there. Kinda interested as to what you moved around. Keep us posted.

Currently tankless for the first time in 24 years... Getting the itch again
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:46 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Looks good... is that a sword plant runner I see creeping along the wall ?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I wasn't happy with how I planted it in the first place. I planted groups of the same plant in several different places through the tank. Looking at other people's tanks, I realized I liked it better if all the plants of one type were together. Sort of made it look more natural. So I grouped the plants like Myrio, Ludwigia, and Heteranthera together. I also moved the swords from the back more toward the middle, and finally, planted the Alternanthera across the back of the tank. Oh, and the Limnophilia was growing like a weed, so I moved it behind the driftwood where it would be less light. I'll have to wait a few weeks to see how it fills in.

When I took this shot, I had sword runners going everywhere. I bought some type of chain sword from aquariumplant.com. Don't know what kind exactly, but they've been growing like mad. I started with 10 and when I did the replant I threw out about 2 dozen because I just didn't have any more room. The Vallis has been putting out runners as well, but it's not nearly as prolific.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Your tank has interesting dimensions. Could you post a pic sometime from further away showing the setup with the lighting Co2 etc?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sorry, I don't have any pictures showing the lights, etc. I only have a few shots, and lacking a digital camera, I also lack the ability to take more easily. The light is just a regular old Aqualight 2 x 65 watt, and I have it sitting almost right on the glass.

The tank is a Perfecto 45 column, a size which they no longer make (according to the email I got from them). I had just about given up on finding one when I called a local pet shop which had a supplier with one left in stock. I like it because I didn't want a very large tank (moving later this year), but also wanted 18 inches wide and at least 20 high. Just got lucky.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode