ADA 90P - River of Tears - Page 5 - The Planted Tank Forum
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 08:31 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
If you ever get tired of trimming stems I think a scape like this would look amazing:
Chizpa305 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 10:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcarew View Post
If you ever get tired of trimming stems I think a scape like this would look amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skDLKjaLE-U
Until you have to redo the carpet in a 6 foot tank Go epiphyte
Chizpa305 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyruler90 View Post
yeah changing the intakes/output would help if it's the throttling point

I realized last time I cleaned my 2217 I stuffed it with filter floss and I noticed the considerable loss of flow. I took out some floss and noticed the difference
Yes, unfortunately these intake/skimmers are like 40 bucks and mine is already past the point to return it. But oh well. It is the price of a mistake.

Bump:
Quote:
I'm not sure what time of day you did a water change, or what your water change schedule is like, but 6.8-7 seems high for a tank with Amazonia AND CO2. It could be that your seiryu stone is releasing more CO3 into the water than you realize, or maybe you're just changing with harder water. This might be the reason the Rotala "Butterfly" is struggling, since rotalas tend to like softer water and Butterfly is a particularly picky form. If it's not doing well, I'd say just go ahead and grab something like another ludwigia or limnophila that isn't as picky about soft water. Not worth putting your whole tank on hold for that one stem!

I doubt that your amanos are going after healthy AR. The AR is probably already struggling and they are just eating the dying leaves. I've never had them eat healthy plants before!
That's a good point, it makes sense. That could also be the reason why some of the Rotalas are not getting the colors that I expected them to get. Well, not much I can do about that because I am not planning on changing the hardscape, and tap water here in Florida, I would assume is harder than normal, since it comes mainly from very large underwater, cavernous aquifers (yes, we never run out of water here - suck on that California) so it might already come on the harder parameters. The butterfly, I could do without because it is just another stem, however the AR is hard to replace because there are not that many bushy middle-ground red plants available out there... So at the very least, I will just have to get used to the munched leaves. And yeah, I think you might be right because I've seen a lot of its leaves with deformities and some of them looking a bit dark and unhealthy, even before they have any holes in them.

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
If you ever get tired of trimming stems I think a scape like this would look amazing:
Yes, I know that Iwagumi styles look pretty cool, but they are not that low-maintenance as you might think. The low plant volume causes a lot of algae problem and you need to be on top of it. Also cutting all that fast growing carpet can be as much (if not) more of a pain in the ass, than just cutting stems. And, I don't know, I've always been an admirer of the dutch style. That's why I tried to kind of mix the two styles in this scape.

post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 11:24 PM
Algae Grower

absoluty amazing, what did you use to edit the picture out of curiosity?
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-04-2020, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Week 11: Bright Red Sarpae Tetras

Happy 4th of July! So I already decided on which fish to add. I went for bright red sarpae tetras, and I am glad with that choice because they look really nice in this tank, together with all the other tetras. Is not a lot of size difference, but enough to create some dynamic of colors and sizes without it being too chaotic. Anyways, here is a video I took. enjoy.

doug105! likes this.

post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by senyk View Post
absoluty amazing, what did you use to edit the picture out of curiosity?
Thanks!

Which picture are you referring to? The one at the beginning of the journal, where I did like the visualization thing for the aquarium?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode