Nano Cube Reboot - Page 10 - The Planted Tank Forum
 71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-18-2020, 10:31 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
That's not actually a bad idea. I am sure you know many fish keepers in the area. Better to error on the side of caution than have a tank extinction event.

Gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygar View Post
That's not actually a bad idea. I am sure you know many fish keepers in the area. Better to error on the side of caution than have a tank extinction event.

Gary
Yeah, I managed to get a nano tank and internal filter for cheap from a local fish keeper here. I'll probably set it up and QT some fish this weekend!
Crazygar likes this.
post #138 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 10:24 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

It is an extra hassle but one that is totally worth it.

Gary

post #139 of 143 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Current situation

Things are ok. Rotala will need a trim very soon.

The bottoms of the rotala macrandra green are starting to deteriorate again. I just trimmed them but I'll probably let them run wild for 2 to 3 weeks and then uproot the whole lot and keep just some of the healthy tops.

In other news, finally have the quarantine tank set up. Two sparkling gourami are in fish jail atm, here they are:

Only have them for a week, they have coloured up somewhat but are still very dull. Some damage on their ventral fins as well, one of them seem to be missing a ventral fin entirely but it should grow back eventually if it's not a genetic defect. Other than that, they seem pretty healthy and are eating very well. The gourami in the cube has claimed a small area of the tank under the driftwood as its own and has started to attack the corydoras when they get too close. Not really something that I wanted to see. I'm hoping that when the two new gourami get added to the tank the corydoras will be left alone.

Thinking of getting a couple more corydoras habrosus for the cube, so the qt will be running for awhile longer after I get these gourami out. After that I'll probably get myself a nice nano tank and set up a low tech! Looking forward to that, I might finally have something to house some boraras brigittae in.
Crazygar and Econde like this.
post #140 of 143 (permalink) Old 09-13-2020, 07:25 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Tank is evolving rather nicely!

Gourami, for being nice fish, are semi-aggressive. More conspecifics should keep their attention on only themselves as opposed to your Corydoras. For stock, what do you have in your display tank (including amount)?

Gary
chicken.nublet likes this.

post #141 of 143 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Tank is evolving rather nicely!

Gourami, for being nice fish, are semi-aggressive. More conspecifics should keep their attention on only themselves as opposed to your Corydoras. For stock, what do you have in your display tank (including amount)?

Gary
Thank you Gary! Bucephalandra are covered in algae though :/

Currently there is 1 sparkling gourami and 3 corydoras habrosus. So eventually there will be 3 sparkling gourami in total. I hope they leave the corydoras alone and bicker amongst themselves. Decided on 3 rather than just 2 as I noticed when my original pair were still both alive that the more dominant 1 would terrorise the other whenever it got too close. Thinking that 3 would spread the aggression out a bit.

For the corydoras, thinking of adding 2 more habrosus in there eventually so 5 in total. Not sure if that will be quite a heavy bioload though.

EDIT: Gotta say I'm glad I got the quarantine tank. Have been thinking of increasing my group of ember tetras and getting more corydoras in my low tech for a while now.
Crazygar likes this.

Last edited by chicken.nublet; 09-14-2020 at 05:56 AM. Reason: .
post #142 of 143 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 10:43 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Treat Algae like a weed, remove it when you can. Spot dosing with Excel (algae dependent) can sometimes halt it's progress as well.

QT is the best method, now you understand why. Good job.

Fish wise, I think you need to boost the schools of C.hasbrosus. Being a small group at least 5 would be preferable. Get two more. Remember to QT your new fish.

Gary

post #143 of 143 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Treat Algae like a weed, remove it when you can. Spot dosing with Excel (algae dependent) can sometimes halt it's progress as well.

QT is the best method, now you understand why. Good job.

Fish wise, I think you need to boost the schools of C.hasbrosus. Being a small group at least 5 would be preferable. Get two more. Remember to QT your new fish.

Gary
I have a bit of BBA which Excel will help with! Not sure what to do about green spot algae other than removing the affect leaves though.

Definitely going to get 2 more corydoras habrosus after the sparklers finish their QT.
Crazygar likes this.

Last edited by chicken.nublet; 09-14-2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: .

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode