7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2020, 08:37 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Nice long tank, impressive setup! Oh and the discus look great
sbank likes this.

my 20 gallon journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my 8 gallon journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my 35 gallon journal:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 01:37 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Very nice! What's the brand of the inline CO2 reactor?

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCole2014 View Post
Very nice! What's the brand of the inline CO2 reactor?
Ista. It's not particularly well constructed(hard to disassemble for cleaning), but I had a tough time finding one that would be compatible with my hosing.

Walking the tightrope of discus in a high tech planted tank.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

So if these two are successful breeding, will the babies coloring likely be:
A) Some blue, some yellow
B) Brown yuch
C) Blue + yellow = green
D) LA Rams uniforms

Bump: QT Queue, I've got 4 more sterbeis "doing time" awaiting entrance to the big show.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hey @JCole2014, wanted to let you know that the Ista in line reactor is now out of commission. I noticed it started a slow drip leak, so I disconnected to clean it and re-apply plumber's tape before reattaching the screw-on top. The design is not too smart. You need to insert the top of the spiral white plastic auger into a small hole in the lid to hold it in place. But the body is opaque where the auger slides into the small hole, so you can't see if it's lined up in the hole. I screwed the lid on and since it wasn't lined up properly, a little piece of the auger broke off. Now the whole thing is useless, as you can't buy a replacement part. Buyer beware.

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 04:01 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbank View Post
Hey @JCole2014, wanted to let you know that the Ista in line reactor is now out of commission. I noticed it started a slow drip leak, so I disconnected to clean it and re-apply plumber's tape before reattaching the screw-on top. The design is not too smart. You need to insert the top of the spiral white plastic auger into a small hole in the lid to hold it in place. But the body is opaque where the auger slides into the small hole, so you can't see if it's lined up in the hole. I screwed the lid on and since it wasn't lined up properly, a little piece of the auger broke off. Now the whole thing is useless, as you can't buy a replacement part. Buyer beware.
Wow, thanks for the follow-up.

I'm leaning towards the DIY method, although my current CO2 Art inline diffuser is working just fine. Maybe when I get a bigger tank and need the CO2 to dissolve better!

Tags
ai prime, ai prime freshwater, angelfish, co2, discus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode