The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fluval Flex 15G - Pile of Anubias and a dash of Brownie Ghost 2011

9K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  TexasCichlid 
#1 · (Edited)
Mopani underneath all the anubias, been growing that piece since 2013. Doing another staurogyne repens carpet as I loved that on one of my older setups. The anubias has grown for 7 years with no ferts/no CO2 and just a few water changes for most of that time. Not planning on this being a 'no water change' tank.

Fluval Flex 15G
Eheim Compact 600
Fluval Stratum
Eheim 75w heater
Stock Fluval Flex light
Chihiros A361
Bettatail HPT100 CO2 Regulator
NilocG inline CO2 atomizer

Anubias nana 'petite' on mopani (started from 5 rhizomes in 2013)
Staurogyne repens
Bucephalandra Brownie Ghost 2011 sp original
Latest picture

See less See more
#6 ·
Growth has been nice. Ludwigia did not make it. I've turned the lights down a bit so the stauro does not grow as fast. I tend to stick with giant bettas, or plakats at a minimum, as they are more robust swimmers with less finnage to drag around so I don't have to baby water flow.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
The growth has really taken off since the last update. I added an inline CO2 atomizer to better distribute CO2 and took a razor to the black mesh that was on the top portion of the tank. Also upgraded was changing the stock pump to an Eheim Compact 600.

Attachments

#13 ·
Missed having a higher tech setup and wanted to start growing carpets again, even if they are easy carpets. Also gives me more flexibility on what I can toss in the tank and be successful with, if I ever want to change it up. I probably would not have thrown a nice Buce in without the CO2, for example, but with it I didn't think twice.

#20 ·
Well, almost had a disaster. Wooden leg on my stand gave up. I heard it cracking and was able to prop it up and keep it from crashing. Bought a Fluval Flex 15 stand and got it set up today, worked out very nicely. Allows me to watch the tank from angles I have not typically been able to view.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.