My new 29 gallon - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
Hit edit on post 11. Chop out all code except for the main IMG section with brackets.
Ok got it so that code I got from going to the link to trade the url for the Flickr code where do I go now since the links not there kinda lost now lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 05:08 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I put that link back in my thread, but with a caveat about the marketing bit. I tend to do photos on my computer rather than mobile.

How is the tank progressing?

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

It going good going to mess with gravel later today I’ll put some pictures up

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hey everyone I started messing with gravel and it was getting messy so I stopped. I added plants today. Tell me what ya think.

Blue Ridge Reef likes this.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Just a little update things seem to be growing well and the fish all seem to be happy. I’m still getting a black filter floss every 2 days but I’m pretty sure it’s the soil leaching. So what do you guys think?

Desert Pupfish likes this.
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Looking great! Good job.
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
Looking great! Good job.
Thanks man
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:19 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Coming right along, congrats! Not far off from needing to trim stems. You can plant the tops you've cut off right in the substrate as you do if you want more.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Reef View Post
Coming right along, congrats! Not far off from needing to trim stems. You can plant the tops you've cut off right in the substrate as you do if you want more.

Every one of the plants in my photos can be grown that way ? And thanks a lot for the compliment.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 09:33 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonebad395 View Post
Every one of the plants in my photos can be grown that way ? And thanks a lot for the compliment.

All the "stem" plants can be cut & replanted. Where did you find the hair grass? All mine died off a year back when I switched stocking and haven't really seen it much anymore.

As for filtration, I've gotten away from floss since I went planted as it always clogged way to quick in my tanks. I picked up a bulk bag of the blue filter pad material and just rinse it regularly vs replacing floss.

75g that has rolled through various incarnations over the years...
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratmanxj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonebad395 View Post

All the "stem" plants can be cut & replanted. Where did you find the hair grass? All mine died off a year back when I switched stocking and haven't really seen it much anymore.

As for filtration, I've gotten away from floss since I went planted as it always clogged way to quick in my tanks. I picked up a bulk bag of the blue filter pad material and just rinse it regularly vs replacing floss.
I got it at the Ark in Merrillville and thanks in the cut and replant area I was studying on it a bit ago. The grass seems to be doing ok. I’ll give it time and would be happy to throw you a bit down the road a month or two. And what’s the item you use for filtration.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 10:20 PM
Planted Member

Amazon Smile: Aquarium Filter Pad Media Roll

You can buy smaller packages at most big-box pet stores that carry aquarium supplies. My son's 29g hang-on-back filter gets a new 3"x6" pad every 6 months, otherwise give it a quick swish in the bucket every time I do a water change. I like it better since its washable and reusable. Filter floss (in my experience) is too fine and clogs up very quickly, there's no good way to wash it so you replace it and basically throw away all your good bio-filtration.

post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Sweet I’ll check that out! Blue up or white or does is really matter on the filtration pad?
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 07:56 AM
Planted Member

I believe there is white poly woven filter pad that's only filtration out there. Be careful though, there are specialized white pads out there for ammonia removal, black is carbon added, etc.

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratmanxj View Post
I believe there is white poly woven filter pad that's only filtration out there. Be careful though, there are specialized white pads out there for ammonia removal, black is carbon added, etc.

Thanks will do going to terry’s aquarium tomorrow to see what the have. Oh and look at what I found at 2am not being able to sleep.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode