New ADA 60P Build - Back in the hobby after 6 years - The Planted Tank Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
New ADA 60P Build - Back in the hobby after 6 years

Hello fellow AquaScapers. I have taken a long break from this hobby to concentrate on other things but now I decided to restart my old ADA 60p with a new scape using Seiryu Stones, the same DIY stand I constructed in 2011 (https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/2...lass-door.html), Oase BioMaster Thermo 250 Canister Filter, Twinstar LED Light II 600S, ADA Lily Pipes, etc... I will try to keep is some what simple by using Micro Sword carpet plant as a foreground and Reinrickii Mini as a midground plant both of Tissue Culture from Glass Aqua. Let's see where this new build takes me. If you have any suggested on anything I should do please feel free to let me know in the comments. I look forward to hearing from all of you who stop by to look. I will keep the thread updates as much as possible. I am excited to see where this goes. This hobby is always full of surprises.

Week 1:

Bump: Added the plants I mentioned above.

Week 2:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200112_185030.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	892535  

Name:	20200121_020703.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	892537  

Name:	20200121_020712.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	892539  

Name:	20200121_020725.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	892541  

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.

Last edited by Uptown193; 01-29-2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Add link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 08:20 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Rock work and scape are perfect for that size tank. Let us know how the Oase BioMaster Thermo 250 Canister Filter does.
Uptown193 likes this.

No external links in your signature
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 08:25 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Welcome back!

i took a 7 year break as well

Aquascaping for the win!

What are your thoughts on stocking the tank?

Great setup

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 08:55 PM
Algae Grower

Wow, great hard scape. I'm getting back in to, thanks for the inspiration.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My former 180 gallon sumped planted tank.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00726 View Post
Rock work and scape are perfect for that size tank. Let us know how the Oase BioMaster Thermo 250 Canister Filter does.
Thank you. I got to say that so far the Oase 250 is great. Very quiet as well. I have it under my tank in an enclosed stand with just a thin piece of plexiglass and when it is closed I do not hear the filter at all, all I hear is the CO2 seeping out of the diffuser. When I open the plexiglass door I can just hear a very faint sound from he Oase 250. I also have the Oase 150 heater in there as well. I love it so far. I will keep thread updating on it.
Mike00726 and evil8 like this.

FACT: If you do not have a passion for what you do in life, be it your career and/or your hobby you will not be successful. RIP Dad (1/12/12). I love and miss you.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 10:36 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Thanks for the update. I am not yet in the market for a canister again, but I like the integrated heating, and the easy pre-filter cleaning on this unit.

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, small fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Guppys View Post
Welcome back!

i took a 7 year break as well

Aquascaping for the win!

What are your thoughts on stocking the tank?

Great setup
Thanks and great to be back, I think. Welcome back as well. I decided to just stock with about 10 Red Harlequin Rasboras, Japonica Shrimps and I want to find me a shrimp that are both black and white. Maybe someone has them here.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkellyid View Post
Wow, great hard scape. I'm getting back in to, thanks for the inspiration.
Great and thank you. Let me know when you get started so I can take a peek at yours. Good luck.
Silly_Guppys likes this.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 11:58 PM
Algae Grower

Hey Uptown, just to let you know I found my way in here and you got yourself a subscriber to the real thread I myself did a break of 3 years from the hobby, now I'm just in the phase of rediscovering this drug again so soon I shall be owning a tank again.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujeta View Post
Hey Uptown, just to let you know I found my way in here and you got yourself a subscriber to the real thread I myself did a break of 3 years from the hobby, now I'm just in the phase of rediscovering this drug again so soon I shall be owning a tank again.
Hey man, I am glad you found your way over here. Yes, it is a drug for sure. It is good to take a break form this hobby since it can be expensive and very time consuming but that is what hobbies to to us: 1. Keep you busy and 2. Make you spend that money you earn at work. Thanks for being a sub to my thread. Let me know when you get started on your tank. I also enjoy other peoples tank grow from nothing to something.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

This was a double post.

Last edited by Uptown193; 01-29-2020 at 04:09 PM. Reason: double post
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 04:53 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
How do you like that filter? Does it hold the temp pretty stable? I was looking at getting the 100 thermo for my 60p
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty26 View Post
How do you like that filter? Does it hold the temp pretty stable? I was looking at getting the 100 thermo for my 60p
Honestly, I just realized last night that I do not even have a thermometer installed in my tank. I am going to purchase one today and I will get back to you. I currently have it on 78 degrees so let's see if that what it reads when I install the thermometer tonight. Check back here later tonight or tomorrow. But aside from that. I have to say that the filter is very quiet. I can't even hear it when the clear plexiglass door is closed on the bottom of stand, I just hear the CO2 coming out of the diffuser. When I open the door you hear just a very faint sound of the filter running. Gotta say that the 250 is pretty big in size, I was pretty shocked when I took it out the box. I changed the plastic media filter with ceramic media. So far I am happy with it but it has only been 3 weeks. Only time will tell.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 06:55 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown193 View Post
Hey man, I am glad you found your way over here. Yes, it is a drug for sure. It is good to take a break form this hobby since it can be expensive and very time consuming but that is what hobbies to to us: 1. Keep you busy and 2. Make you spend that money you earn at work. Thanks for being a sub to my thread. Let me know when you get started on your tank. I also enjoy other peoples tank grow from nothing to something.
Some very true points. I think it's also easy to get too used to keeping fish after a while (or any hobbies), starting to take it for granted and if there's lots of other stuff going on in your life it can even become a burden. Better to take a break and start over energized when it's a better time.

I'll let you know once I post a journal, currently doing loads of research and planning all the gear I'm gonna need as I currently own nothing. In the meanwhile I'll look on this forum for inspirations and of course follow the progression of your tank.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2020, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujeta View Post
Some very true points. I think it's also easy to get too used to keeping fish after a while (or any hobbies), starting to take it for granted and if there's lots of other stuff going on in your life it can even become a burden. Better to take a break and start over energized when it's a better time.

I'll let you know once I post a journal, currently doing loads of research and planning all the gear I'm gonna need as I currently own nothing. In the meanwhile I'll look on this forum for inspirations and of course follow the progression of your tank.
Yea man, starting from scratch is very costly but I guess every hobby is costly however, it can be the fun part as well if money is not a huge problem. Look forward to your journal. Good luck!

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

So I received my CO2 Parts from DIYCO2REGULATOR. I ordered a Clippard CO2 Regulator Solenoid, some fittings and a push to connect connector. I heard about these push to connect connectors so I decided to try it out for myself. See pic below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200130_101454.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	892665  

Name:	20200131_035459.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	892667  

Takedakai and fpn like this.

Tags
ada 60p, oase filter, rimless tank, twinstar 600s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode