• 1 Post By Streetwise
  • 1 Post By Streetwise
  • 1 Post By Skeelski

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Another 60P Iwagumi in the making

It has taken me awhile to get to this point, but with the stand, tank and hardscape together, I guess this journey has 'started'. I bought my stones online and I'm sorely regretting it. Ended up getting less weight than I ordered and the stones themselves turned out to be small. I tried to compensate by adding a lot of substrate for height but I'm not really enjoying it too much. If anyone wants to give me suggestions before I continue, I'd love to hear them. Hoping to add Cuba throughout and likely Dwarf hairgrass around the stones. Might go with something like Blyxa or Enchinodorus instead if things don't work out.

Cheers!
schooldazed likes this.

Last edited by Skeelski; 01-21-2020 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Pictures wont load...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 12:04 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Very interested in this. For some reason, picture isn't working though.

-Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I can never get a picture to upload properly on this site. Hopefully that fixed it-

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 07:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeelski View Post
I can never get a picture to upload properly on this site. Hopefully that fixed it-
Nope. Its not the forum either. I copied the link address and its still blocked when put directly into the browser. Rather then try to get google to do things it clearly doesn't want to do, try using imgur.com. Its free and very easy to use with the forum.
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 08:24 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You can share from Google Photos. We covered it here recently in a thread. They need to be in an album, and shared publicly. Private shared links will display for a time, and then the links will expire.

Imgur is certainly an option, as is Flickr, and other services.
Silly_Guppys likes this.

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, small fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 08:38 PM
Suspended

I use Flickr. I believe up to a 1000 images is free. You can attach individual image links privately if you don’t want all your images showing from your account.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 08:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
You can share from Google Photos. We covered it here recently in a thread. They need to be in an album, and shared publicly. Private shared links will display for a time, and then the links will expire.

Imgur is certainly an option, as is Flickr, and other services.
Do you have a link to that conversation? Im thinking of changing from what Ive been using.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 09:38 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...ics-forum.html

@Discusluv, I fixed the link.

Cheers
Discusluv likes this.

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, small fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|

Last edited by Streetwise; 01-21-2020 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Edit
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Well I'm glad this thread sparked interest. Wasn't expecting it to be over my inability to work a computer.. I setup a shared album on my Google account so hopefully this won't become an issue moving forward. 3rd time's the charm, right?
Discusluv likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Okay, so here is a quick update on this 'build' so far. I ordered the plants and light through the same vendor and purchased 3 day shipping. Plants came in 3 days with USPS and the light..... 9 days through UPS. During those 6 days, the tissue cultured plants I had started to yellow and dry up. I planted the tank yesterday when I got the light and there is some browning on the edges of some of the plants. I'm currently doing dry start, and was wondering if I should worry too much about this? Here is a shot of the tank as of this morning. Would love to hear comments and/or criticisms. Thanks!

Edit: Plants used: 5 cups - HC Cuba : 2 cups - Dwarf Hairgrass
Lighting: Twinstar 600s w/inline dimmer
Stones: Grey Seiryu (or Ying)
Substrate: 2 - 9L bags ADA Amazonia Normal : 1 - 3L bag ADA Amazonia Powder
Tank: Landen 60P
Stand: Bestå stand from Ikea

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 11:14 PM
Surrounded by Blyxa

PTrader: (27/100%)
Put some saran wrap with a few holes poked in it on top of the tank, will help with the transition.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 02:01 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Really like your scape, it's a shame the rocks came in small, I think it would look even better if they were almost double the size. Those small plant choices are about all you can do to make the rocks look bigger.

I can't help with the emersed growing, I would just flood the tank and crank the co2 but that's just me.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode