Two old Osaka cubes getting a makeover - Page 5 - The Planted Tank Forum
 78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Yeah, I like it a lot, kind of did the same thing in my office.

Living room (older pic):

I have one tank in our bedroom that I'd love to set up another for a matching pair too, but I've probably set up my last tank for a while. My better half is very tolerant of my hobbies but I've pushed the envelope a tad here lately with rearranging the house and sticking houseplants in the windows and aquariums in the corners wherever I can.
burr740 likes this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 05:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Reef View Post
Tanks have come along since I last updated so here are a couple of photos and a video. The Fissidens tank is almost exactly how I'd envisioned it, if I could clear up a little chaos in the foreground. The Anubias/Buce tank I'm less thrilled with overall, but the two bloody mary shrimp that survived my CO2 overdosing appear to have been a pair and I have several small ones throughout the tank now. I don't know if I'm ever going to be happy with the Anubias and the algae that grows on the old leaves though. I might at some point pull it all and just go with Buce even though I don't have enough to cover the entire stump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X25w...ature=youtu.be
Wow! They both look great! Next time you do a video I would love to get a closer look at the different crypts you have in the first tank. Looks like you have some really cool varieties.
Blue Ridge Reef and doug105! like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy
post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Thanks, I should figure out what in the heck I have while I'm at it! I ordered several fancy varieties from a seller on these forums last year shortly before getting my 3.0 lights which caused the massive Crypt melt of 2019. They were just starting to come back when I tore these tanks down, so I saved everything that wasn't clearly a wendtii or lutea in hopes of not tossing expensive plants. I know I purchased C affinis "metallic red," "green gecko," silver queen, nuri "luminous" and "telang" and a few others. I think the pretty ones with all the color hues on each side are silver queen, and the tall one on the right is a red spirilis from @burr740. Outside of those two, I'm going to have to wait until they grow in a little more.
burr740 and Discusluv like this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode