The fittings came over the weekend, and I got CO2 hooked up to both tanks. It was a bit of a bear getting the PSI up to 30 since the adjustment screw and bolt were on solidly, but the diffusers wouldn't go at my usual 12 PSI. But I got it done and as of last night got the pH down almost a full point in both tanks. No bubble counting, it took a stream of gas to get there. Livestock in both tanks seems to be taking it fine. Not much change and one tank is still due its makeover, but I'll post some photos when there's anything new to show. Pretty pleased with GLA diffusers. It got the CO2 concentration where I wanted it, and once the canisters had run for a few hours I no longer see micro bubbles. Might start slowly upping the light and ferts over the next few weeks.
Edited to update:
Correction. The CO2 I had set last night and still seemed solid this morning did not remain consistent. Came home to two gassed tanks with very dead fish. Guppies, an ancistrus, and cull shrimp in one, and new bloody marys in the other. Quite a few of of the guppy fry survived. Adults, juvies and all shrimp I can find did not. I should have started nice and slow, or take the time to set up the pH controller before starting the gas. All I do is advise people to be patient in this hobby and I couldn't even heed my own advice. I'm thick enough to have to learn the same things over and over sometimes.
Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
Last edited by Blue Ridge Reef; 02-05-2020 at 01:00 AM.