15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-23-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
145" long tank

Hello to everybody,
i am new here but not in planted tank.
We ( In Europa ) dont have this good forum for planted tank ( or i dont know about it) so hopefully will want to help me with something.
We have measures in cm but i will try to write in inch so be batter to understand.
I build tank 145 long 24 deep and 27 inch high….1" thick...on the same dimension steel stand ( later will be wood cabinet) will be some hard indonesian forrest…
will have sump from my old tank 52 gallons…
i drill 2X 2 inch pipe and 1 for return 1"....

Now some question - i read lot of post here ( but can not see pictures )…
from start...Reverse osmoze in our country tell me that without DI yes or no?
I have co2 from jbl with computer proflora2 603 with 2 kg bottle...now if need will go on 2stage regulator
also read that need rex grigs regulator - one or 2?
i will buy ghl or apex for awc and ato also and want to put max equipement on automatic
Uv light yes or no ( here is also some discustion about that?)
Bigest question is about lamps..i want LED but ( if not looking usa satelite or finlad ) every is very expensive...what can suggest me ? how many and what type?
For start is ok...Thanks in front and Happy Christmas..

Last edited by Tomislav Mirt; 12-24-2019 at 08:51 AM. Reason: add picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 01:57 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
WOW! That is a BIG tank!

Keep us posted on the tank as you progress with it.

Dan
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

thanks,
will do it….
nobody answer me for go forward

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 08:46 PM
Planted Member

Look into nuniq
Korean company and not insane prices and the lights are really good
There is always chihiros as well chinese brand a lot of people use

How the hell did you get something so big made and delivered?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 08:49 PM
Planted Member

For the reactor I think one should be plenty as long as it can handle the water volume and provide sufficient co2 to the water column

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

will see for lamps…..

for tank-we buy glass and glue on stand together….
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 05:43 PM
Wannabe Guru

Your tank is just over 400 US gallons. Nice! That is I think the largest tank on this forum at present.

Regarding your questions. You will need a water test kit for ph, gh, kh, before deciding whether you need to invest in RO/DI water system. With such a large tank you would need a pretty decent RO/DI system. After all your 50% water change is 200 gallons... more counting the sump. I would hope... hope a lot actually.. that your tap water can sustain life. Because a RO/DI system this big is annoying/expensive.

A 2kg bottle of co2 is pretty small for a tank this size. You should think about getting a bigger one. A two stage reactor is also a good idea to prevent your bottle from self emptying into your tank all at once when it gets low killing all of your fish.

UV light is one of those things that if you have it and its setup correctly, you won't know how awesome it is because it will stop bad stuff from happening and thus you won't realize that it just saved you a lot of time and heartache. Anyway you have a sump so its easy to install. Just buy a submersible led uv light in the 240nm range and put it in your sump (in a separate compartment from your media) and that will take care of it. You don't need an aquarium specific inline module.

As for lights... how many you need and what type is determined in part by what you plan to grow. If you want high light you are going to need nice lights. Fluval 3.0 will give you a lot of control which it sounds like you want. But you are going to need at least 3 of them which is pretty pricey. Then again... you have a 400 gallon tank so spending a lot of money is kind of what you need to do at this point.

Hope that helps.
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

i will do test for water but ( in my old house ) there was no need about Di….tomorrow will do test because we have here draw-well with pure water so think that is no need DI.
i have sump with 3 chamber ( it is not finish jet ) -maybe more??
later i understand that 2 kg for co2 is small so will buy 5 kg and left this system of 2kg and have then 2 of them….

for uv will think and maybe wait to see some another opinion..but good to know..

fluval is litlle thick so maybe need 2 of them by deep of tank...6 for all tank -price 2000 dollars??

Still much expensive but if no another option will do that...yes high light will be inside….

also-what with wawes pumps-is it only for reef or someone is put on planted tank also?i was think put one or 2 also but must see what people tell about them…
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

now i test water...have 3 of them from well from pipe and with one small filter in fridge…
well is kh9,ph 7,5,NO2 is 0,05 and N03 40
from filter is kh 7 and ph 7
and pipe is kh 12 and ph 7

all 3 tell me fe 1.5 but think that maybe test is not good so will buy new one...
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-25-2019, 10:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

No suggestions for ya but wanted to say thats a huge tank. Cant wait to see how this comes along.

Good luck with everything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 04:06 PM
Algae Grower

Just don't show this tank on www.simplydiscus.com . You will get far too many suggestions on which Discus to select to stock that glorious tank!

Peter
learning never stops...
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

i did not talk anything about put discus inside .. i want to put discuss but when see that discuss need hard plant like anubias etc...i will not put them inside...
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 07:17 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Wow. That’s quite a endeavor, good luck.

Also wondering if you got depth and height measurements reversed? Looks more like 27” front to back (depth) and 24” top to bottom (height)

That’s going to take some serious precision in both stand construction and leveling to support that much water weight. That’s over 3300lbs/1500KG to deal with.
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 07:27 PM
Algae Grower

145" long tank

What kind of plant do you plan to keep? I’m not shore how much co2 you will need to put inside to get the 2 ph drop wee all want to achive.
It will probbably be about 10 bps. You will “burn” those two co2 tanks in a mounth.
You should go bigger 10kg or even more.

Do you plan on planting the entire tank or just some parts of it?

I would go with two co2 reactors to have the maximum efficiency.
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-26-2019, 08:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav Mirt View Post
i will do test for water but ( in my old house ) there was no need about Di….tomorrow will do test because we have here draw-well with pure water so think that is no need DI.
i have sump with 3 chamber ( it is not finish jet ) -maybe more??
later i understand that 2 kg for co2 is small so will buy 5 kg and left this system of 2kg and have then 2 of them….

for uv will think and maybe wait to see some another opinion..but good to know..

fluval is litlle thick so maybe need 2 of them by deep of tank...6 for all tank -price 2000 dollars??

Still much expensive but if no another option will do that...yes high light will be inside….

also-what with wawes pumps-is it only for reef or someone is put on planted tank also?i was think put one or 2 also but must see what people tell about them…
Ah good I misunderstood your first post then, I thought you were planning to ro/di water. Glad to hear its probably not needed.

The number of chambers in the sump is less important then how you set it up. Just make sure you have enough air space in the sump that when you turn off the power and water drains out from your tank up top it doesn't overflow your sump. Relying on check valves to keep your floors dry is basically just a way of waiting till it fails.

Fluval 3.0 come in a 48" length. So you need 3 going down the center. You will have slightly less ppfd in the extreme front and/or back. However, it will still be enough to grow pretty much anything you want to grow.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode