145" long tank - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
ok.thanks again...must go buying something….
i will go with jecod return pump 15000....2 reactor griggs diy or buy ( will see)
i will buy 2 botlle of 20 kg for co2 better then 1 of 30 kg but regulator will be dual ( hope that conection will be good) and co2 will go from left side to right side...also return water with pipe on 2 side....

i go with ro 1500 l /h ( must see what and where to put storage of water)…

and also light….i want to buy lights with warranty ( in this case all from amazon cheaper led is not good) and with lumen,watt and par what think will need…but if go with cheaper led like fluval,chirios,beamswork,finnland etc..when put more lights in dimension what need price is go up...so will see beteen ghl,ai,kessil,radion etc...what is best.

will deside in 2 days what buy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

edit

so now i find 2 co2 botlle of 5 kg and one og 10 kg....now have problems to connected them together…

Can someone help me with this ?Or will must search 2x20 kg bottle?

Where can find or somebody know how much co2 will need for my tank?
post #33 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 09:20 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav Mirt View Post
so now i find 2 co2 botlle of 5 kg and one og 10 kg....now have problems to connected them together…

Can someone help me with this ?Or will must search 2x20 kg bottle?

Where can find or somebody know how much co2 will need for my tank?
You do not connect them together. You only need 1 bottle at any one time. There is no reason to run 2 reactors ever but if for some reason you decided you wanted to run 2 reactors you would still just use one bottle at a time with 2 feeds coming from the same bottle.

As to how much co2 you aquarium needs... well after you scape the whole thing you fill it and see what it takes to get your ph to drop by 1 point or use a drop checker and see what it takes to get the checker to turn green. There can be a lot more to it then that but this is a good starting point. It will be a lot though, like 30 or 40 bubbles a second probably. Since thats impossible to count you will need a flowmeter to keep track.
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

what was then reason to buy more big bottle if only use one ?

I find something on net to connect 4 of them on one regulator and then in all time i have co2 ( when is one empty another is working).
post #35 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 10:43 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
what was then reason to buy more big bottle if only use one ?

I find something on net to connect 4 of them on one regulator and then in all time i have co2 ( when is one empty another is working).
I honestly don't know why you bought 2. You only need 1. Having 2 won't be a bad thing, swapping out will be easy while you go get the other refilled.

I have never seen someone link co2 in concert so that when one empties the other is still working. Even the place I buy my co2 from does not have that system. When they ran out they had to roll another tank over to fill my bottle.

What I have seen is multiple different tanks running off of one bottle. Thats a matter of having different needle valves linked together and through that you can run multiple different tanks. There is no reason for you to do that here though. You just need 1 reactor and 1 bottle of co2. The only reason to have more then 1 reactor is if you end up needing to pump more co2 into this system then your reactor can handle. You won't know if that is needed till after you set this tank up and get it running though.
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

post #36 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 04:25 PM
fpn
Algae Grower

On the reactor side check out this build:

https://barrreport.com/threads/dual-...-reactor.3413/

They are commonly used for very large aquariums.

CO2 is liquid in the bottle, so I don't think you can run two in parallel.
post #37 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 08:07 PM
Planted Member

Super cool dimensions and looking forward to seeing the final planted tank!

24G long & shallow dragonrock Iwagumi

[Old] Long & shallow 24G: a
inspired by nature
post #38 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

someone before told me that on my tank will need around 40 kg bottle co2.Because i did not find that i buy 4 of them smaller.
It is not problem to return them if dont need ( also they are very cheap ) but ( must find picture ) if this is good and not expensive i will buy that spliter and left all bottle...

Bump:

Bump: https://imgur.com/SBbQ2Gy

here is something similar
fpn likes this.
post #39 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 07:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/98%)
Quote:
someone before told me that on my tank will need around 40 kg bottle co2.Because i did not find that i buy 4 of them smaller.
It is not problem to return them if dont need ( also they are very cheap ) but ( must find picture ) if this is good and not expensive i will buy that spliter and left all bottle...

Bump:

Bump: https://imgur.com/SBbQ2Gy

here is something similar

I think a 10kg co2 tank should be good for 6 month, your tank is a 400G, not a 50G, most of the norms and "standards" for small tanks are not fit, you will see your tank holds many aspects of standards of its own.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #40 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

ok,then i will left this all and see how will go from there...
post #41 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Also ,what heater take?

Can not find on market big for my tank...Or put heater in sump?Will be good put there
post #42 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 11:09 AM
Wannabe Guru

Do you know yet what stocking will be? Some species do not require a heater, others will require a chiller. What are the ambient room temperatures where you are at?

Anyway definitely put the heater(s) in the sump.

post #43 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (35/100%)
Buy several heaters. Works just fine. Definitely keep them in the sump and you can use a thermometer probe in sump with display attached to the stand someplace as well.

Big tanks conserve heat better than small tanks. I've got 2 300 watt heaters in a 180 gallon +29 gallon sump. One heater is almost enough even though my house is kept at 60*F during the winter.

River Bank

28 Lakeside, Hobbiton
post #44 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
Do you know yet what stocking will be? Some species do not require a heater, others will require a chiller. What are the ambient room temperatures where you are at?

Anyway definitely put the heater(s) in the sump.
room is from 22-26 c ...if i put in sump will one heater be ok because tank is 400 galons and sump only 50 galons...
post #45 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 07:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
room is from 22-26 c ...if i put in sump will one heater be ok because tank is 400 galons and sump only 50 galons...
With high waterflow through sump heat distribution not a problem.

With this size tank I’d go with a separate heater controller and multiple (2-3) heaters rated so that combined they are slightly more than tank needs. That way if one heater fails the other heater(s) will still be able keep tank partially heated. Ie 2x200w heaters rather than 1x300w. Also if heaters have thermostats, use them and don’t just crank them wide open, set them so they are just a bit above what controller is set to. That way if one fails the remaining heater will still cycle on and off and won’t burn itself up.

There are online calculators that will help you zero in on how many watts you’ll need.

In this big a tank and investment, double down with as many system redundancies as you can and don’t cheap out. System monitor that warns you of everything from low water levels and hot/cold conditions will be well worth the investment.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode