15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKS View Post
Wow. That’s quite a endeavor, good luck.

Also wondering if you got depth and height measurements reversed? Looks more like 27” front to back (depth) and 24” top to bottom (height)

no it is right dimensions….

That’s going to take some serious precision in both stand construction and leveling to support that much water weight. That’s over 3300lbs/1500KG to deal with.
everything is level and stand is on 4X4 inch ….

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacko000 View Post
What kind of plant do you plan to keep? I’m not shore how much co2 you will need to put inside to get the 2 ph drop wee all want to achive.
It will probbably be about 10 bps. You will “burn” those two co2 tanks in a mounth.
You should go bigger 10kg or even more.

that is why i talk on forum..to help me with this thing...it is not problem to put 10 or more kg botlee….

Do you plan on planting the entire tank or just some parts of it?

i will plant full tank..from front to end left to right...will try do 3d i more level….

I would go with two co2 reactors to have the maximum efficiency.
Bump: i am not sure if dont needed DI.....just my opinion…
if want drink that water did i need DI?

If i put 3 fluval will they cover deep? that is why i write 2 of them in deep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Bump:
something like this picture

Bump: https://imgur.com/plFUeiQ

Bump: https://imgur.com/BnTtBMK
https://imgur.com/O1QJlyC

Last edited by Tomislav Mirt; 12-28-2019 at 06:48 AM. Reason: not see link
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 11:20 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav Mirt View Post
everything is level and stand is on 4X4 inch ….

Bump:

Bump: i am not sure if dont needed DI.....just my opinion…
if want drink that water did i need DI?

If i put 3 fluval will they cover deep? that is why i write 2 of them in deep?
I would start with 3 and see how it works for you. 27" high the light will disperse quite a bit before substrate. If you need more you can always add them.

Quote:
So those are pretty high level tanks literally some of the best in the world when they were created. I won't say a novice can't make something that looks that good... but it is very unlikely. That said, most of the plants you see are considered relatively easy to grow. Another thing to consider is that if you fully plant a tank this big, you are looking at at least 1000 dollars in plants by themselves. So yea, this is going to cost a bit.

post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

ok,i will then start with 3 lamps….

i know that this pictures of tanks are hard but that was example ( pictures was from fairs i think in first 10 places)….i will try something similar...i am not new in planted tank so will see….

Still waiting some another answer like pump,sump,automatic water change ,etc…

Thanks for now….
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 07:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Figure in pruning and maintenance on a 400gallon tank planted like that and it’s going to occupy pretty much every spare minute of your free time. Are you really willing to devote that much of your life into it?
post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 07:28 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Figure in pruning and maintenance on a 400gallon tank planted like that and it’s going to occupy pretty much every spare minute of your free time. Are you really willing to devote that much of your life into it?
It's not that much man lol.
I have 380 gallons amongst 7ish tanks and I spend 5 to 6 hours on a Sunday maintaining them all. Once every 3 or 4 months I'll give the sumps and filters a deep clean.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
I would start with 3 and see how it works for you. 27" high the light will disperse quite a bit before substrate. If you need more you can always add them.

So those are pretty high level tanks literally some of the best in the world when they were created. I won't say a novice can't make something that looks that good... but it is very unlikely. That said, most of the plants you see are considered relatively easy to grow. Another thing to consider is that if you fully plant a tank this big, you are looking at at least 1000 dollars in plants by themselves. So yea, this is going to cost a bit.
yes i know that this tank will take me much money but i was preparing for that so will see on the end...also will search cheaper solution for some staff..
post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 07:53 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
I'm going to have to guess on a couple things as the sentence structure has me a bit perplexed, but congrats on the tank build!

Quote:
Reverse osmoze in our country tell me that without DI yes or no?
If you are going with RO water, DI or not, you will need to add fertilizers for the plants. I prefer regular tap water for the minerals. But you are using CO2, so RODI water will be a great solution as you will likely be dosing fertilizers anyway.

Quote:
I have co2 from jbl with computer proflora2 603 with 2 kg bottle...now if need will go on 2stage regulator
Multi stage regulators help on smaller tanks. This tank is huge and you can probably get by with much less control as the volume of water will take a ton of CO2 to hit the recommended concentration.

Quote:
also read that need rex grigs regulator - one or 2?
Depending on your filtration and what you can accomodate space wise. If you are using a sump, a single large reactor will probably work. With canisters, two would be nice. I'd start with the one and go with two if you need it later on.

Quote:
i will buy ghl or apex for awc and ato also and want to put max equipement on automatic
Great idea! Timers and float valves is all those systems really boil down to. Automation is very popular in the salt water community. You can check out plenty of DIYs and how to videos on the internet.

Quote:
Uv light yes or no ( here is also some discustion about that?)
I believe the answer is yes. You are replicating the sun. However, most UV lamps are for lizards (from what I have seen) so steer clear of those. They put out a lot of heat as well. However, there are plenty of good lights out there.

Quote:
Bigest question is about lamps..i want LED but ( if not looking usa satelite or finlad ) every is very expensive...what can suggest me ? how many and what type?
I personally use Beamswork LED lights and have had great success with them. If you go with 4 of the 72" lights, possibly the pent 0.5w or the snake eye variant depending on the desired par, you'll get decent coverage. I used a single light across a 24" wide tank but it was suspended about 12". You'll likely want to place yours on the top of the tank to get better penetration. Therefore two rows will work out better. Your tank is also 145", which will accommodate two 72" lights quite well. The pent 0.5w works very well for me in my low tech tanks and I have no complaints. At $120~ USD, it will still run you almost $500 to light this tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
will try to put much possible on automatic so will not need much time to take....but if will need take some time for that ,that will be satisfaction for me

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemananana View Post
I'm going to have to guess on a couple things as the sentence structure has me a bit perplexed, but congrats on the tank build!

thanks

If you are going with RO water, DI or not, you will need to add fertilizers for the plants. I prefer regular tap water for the minerals. But you are using CO2, so RODI water will be a great solution as you will likely be dosing fertilizers anyway.

will add fertilizers with co2

is it RODI better for drink water or RO?

Multi stage regulators help on smaller tanks. This tank is huge and you can probably get by with much less control as the volume of water will take a ton of CO2 to hit the recommended concentration.

Depending on your filtration and what you can accomodate space wise. If you are using a sump, a single large reactor will probably work. With canisters, two would be nice. I'd start with the one and go with two if you need it later on.

I have sump so will put one or maybe on start 2..

Great idea! Timers and float valves is all those systems really boil down to. Automation is very popular in the salt water community. You can check out plenty of DIYs and how to videos on the internet.

I believe the answer is yes. You are replicating the sun. However, most UV lamps are for lizards (from what I have seen) so steer clear of those. They put out a lot of heat as well. However, there are plenty of good lights out there.

I personally use Beamswork LED lights and have had great success with them. If you go with 4 of the 72" lights, possibly the pent 0.5w or the snake eye variant depending on the desired par, you'll get decent coverage. I used a single light across a 24" wide tank but it was suspended about 12". You'll likely want to place yours on the top of the tank to get better penetration. Therefore two rows will work out better. Your tank is also 145", which will accommodate two 72" lights quite well. The pent 0.5w works very well for me in my low tech tanks and I have no complaints. At $120~ USD, it will still run you almost $500 to light this tank.
post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 04:41 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Quote:
I just saw this. I'd have to disagree. At least, with my low tech tanks. I dedicate almost zero time to tank maintenance and trimming is usually a breeze. It may have only been a 125, but tripling my maintenance schedule would still leave ludicrous amounts of free time. I do realize the OP mentioned CO2 though, so it may be more work due to the speed of growth. It'll come down to plant choices and scape preferences. If they go with a lazy jungle scape like I tend to, the tank should all but take care of itself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 11:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemananana View Post
I just saw this. I'd have to disagree. At least, with my low tech tanks. I dedicate almost zero time to tank maintenance and trimming is usually a breeze. It may have only been a 125, but tripling my maintenance schedule would still leave ludicrous amounts of free time. I do realize the OP mentioned CO2 though, so it may be more work due to the speed of growth. It'll come down to plant choices and scape preferences. If they go with a lazy jungle scape like I tend to, the tank should all but take care of itself.
The competition level scapes photos he posted as examples of where he wants to take this tank shows us where he wants to go. That’s not your or my simple jungle tanks where we just run maintenance 1 day a week. But he sounds like type that will be fine with all pruning and manicuring that type tank requires to keep it in tip top shape. Much like maintaining a garden, it’s actually therapy for some. I wouldn’t even consider that size tank without controllers, automated water change and dosing.
post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

like i told before i will try to put max on automatic like every posible equipement….i need to buy some staff so can someone tell if i need DI or only RO if want drink water also?What pump for return is silent less?
Is it 3000 g/H good for me and do i need pumps for flow?
post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 10:50 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
like i told before i will try to put max on automatic like every posible equipement….i need to buy some staff so can someone tell if i need DI or only RO if want drink water also?What pump for return is silent less?
Is it 3000 g/H good for me and do i need pumps for flow?
I am no expert but the stats you listed earlier for your water looked fine. Whatever that was should be fine for your tank.

3000 gallons an hour is 7.5 times turn over which is within the 4-8 times an hour turn over, towards the high end. It sounds like it would be fine. Whether you need any kind of powerhead in such a long tank probably depends on how the tank is scaped and where you put your returns and intakes. Such a long tank would benefit from multiples of both if possible. Or an overflow.

As for a silent pump. Most pumps are actually pretty quiet. If you keep the pump submersed in the sump that further silences them. I use variable speed dc pumps and they are all very very quiet and nicely custimizable. I do not know if they make those types of pumps in such a large size though.
post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

what about this "on glass "pump...is this need or return is ok

I get suggest for sicce return and sow 15 for glass but think that this is too low for my tank...

If i go with eco tech or some better manufactore it is also expensive….

Will be good to buy better return pump with cheaper on glass or what recomended?
post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 07:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
what about this "on glass "pump...is this need or return is ok

I get suggest for sicce return and sow 15 for glass but think that this is too low for my tank...

If i go with eco tech or some better manufactore it is also expensive….

Will be good to buy better return pump with cheaper on glass or what recomended?
If you are asking if you need a powerhead (pump inside the tank just to move water around) then the answer is maybe. It depends on whether you can get good flow through your tank without a powerhead. Flow in the tank is determined by more than just how many gallons per hour your sump can pump through the return. It will be determined by placement of intake(s) and return(s) and what is in your tank as well. Normally this wouldn't be as critical but your tank is really long. My advice is to try without a powerhead but buy one if you need it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode