Kings never die II - Page 7 - The Planted Tank Forum
 146Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-07-2021, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
So getting tired of the same ol same old uaupes everywhere, I'm in propagation mode of the other syngonanthus, but besides that it seems always the same so I began a manzanita wood build. The build took me about 4 hrs with breaks, spaced out different days. I did not realize the cigarette filter and super glue was so darned effective. A solid bond it creates. Add saw dust and its natural looking. I wanted the build to be small so I can still have all my syngonanthus in somewhat a abundance. I got a little too carried away.
This is already 3 pieces together, total pieces together is about 25 to 30 manzanita woods. This is awesome, spreads my horizon in a wide range of what can be done. Prior using the cig filter I gave up too fast, now getting really better.

FINAL build

I'm sure this will look awesome in water.

Bump: Guys, anybody, need your help, without use algaefix, hydroperoxide, e

Bump: Guys, anybody, need your help, without use algaefix, hydroperoxide, excel or any other chemicals how would one get rid of this algae? Its hair or spirogya...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-08-2021, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

So my old tank is leaking on both sides, luckily petco has 1$ per gallon sale right now on 20 long. Got new amazonia in stock. So I've got a whole tear down to do and wood not sunk yet (now its in another container). I dont know how long it'll alll take.

Wow this really pops out.

post #93 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

1/8/2021

1/9/2021

1/10/2021

Greggz and zivvel like this.

post #94 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 01:07 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My tank has always had that thread like algae in it. Manual removal along with increased flow in the problem area seems to keep it at bay. I have one bad dead spot in flow due to my hardscape and I have a big clump of it, it doesn't bother me all that much anymore there though because my shrimp love it. Hitting it with peroxide in trouble areas makes quick work of it though, but you'll definitely need to increase flow to these areas or it will come back.
DennisSingh likes this.

- Sent from a Nokia Brick
post #95 of 95 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks @Scully. Plants are low in height, way near the substrate. I manually removed it or most of it on the redo. Its coming back though with new amazonia, but I change 80% water daily, I may just end up using algae fix on it if it becomes too much. I'd say its safer than the peroxide on these plants.

Will be last update for now until the tank grows in more. I made the mistake of planting the uaupes' too close together, they'll need maintenance when they grow out. Got blyxa alternifolia on the left side. I've got ludwigia white coming in the mail I'm going to try out. Fissidens splachynoides and vietnam moss on the wood. Random buces, hopefully brownies. Syn uaupes, manaus, meta, lago grande, variegated, belem, giants.

Brand new tank, but tank rapidly gets algae on the glass is easy fix.
1/10/2021 caught up.

1/11/2021 caught up.

closer

typically and Ordinary Joe like this.

Tags
syngonanthus universe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode