So I went over to Barr Report and tried to post there as well and had the same issue. Typically I do posts using the bbcode editor mode since most website forums support it. When I went over the the Barr Report I had the same problem, broken links. However, the Barr Report website also allows the option to do posts in HTML mode. So I did the post in HTML mode
and there were no broken links. I'm going to try doing the first post in this thread using HTML instead of bbcode and see if the photo links are maintained.
Bump: Hi All,
As you may be aware, I was at the Aquatic Gardeners Convention (AGA) here in Seattle last spring. Unfortunately, because our local club was hosting the event I and I was busy working in the background and missed most of the presentations. Fortunately for attendees there are videos available on the AGA website. I have probably reviewed the presentation by Vin Kutty four times at this point and I decided to try a rich substrate / low water column fertilization tank. A couple of weeks ago I had my chance.
11/25/19 I did a teardown of my 45-gallon high tank (36 X 12.5 X 24 high). I moved the fish to an 18 gallon Rubbermaid Roughneck storage container filled with an airstone, removed the under-gravel filter and replaced the nine (9) year old Soilmaster Select Charcoal calcined Montmorillonite clay substrate (which is discontinued).
The current set-up consists of:
1) 45 gallon high with Versa-top
2) Fluval 3.0 LED fixture; 46 watt
3) Marineland Magnum 350 filter
4) In-line CO2 diffuser
5) Aquaclear 50 HOB filter
6) Marineland 200 watt Precision Heater
7) Twenty-one (21) Size 00 Osmocote Plus root tabs
8) 40# Safe-t-sorb calcined Montmorillonite clay as substrate
First, I cleaned the tank thoroughly. Then I added the twenty-one (1) size 00 Osmocote Plus root tabs spaced on a 6 grid on the bottom. (Please disregard the 30 gallon below the 45)
Next I placed a small amount of Safe-t-sorb calcined Montmorillonite clay on top of each of the root tabs to prevent them from moving when I was adding the remainder of the substrate.
I added sufficient Safe-t-sorb so the depth at the back of the tank was 4 and the depth at the from was 2; average about a 3 depth. This took the entire 40# bag of Safe-t-sorb.
I covered the substrate with a sheet of wax paper, put a dinner plate on top of the wax paper, and started slowing filling the tank being careful not to disturb the substrate. The water out of the tap was:
pH = 6.8; de-gassed @24 hours still 6.8
dKH = 2.0
dGH = 2.0 3.0
I installed the HOB filter, the Magnum 350 filter with diffuser, and the Fluval 3.0 46-watt LED fixture and even with the water slightly cloudy I measured [email protected]
at the substrate level without a glass cover. The Magnum 350 filter had been running on a fully cycled tank for one week and did contain some detritus. I then turned on the filters and went to bed.