32 gallon Flex Build - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 11:57 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi,
Im looking to buy this tank too in Denmark. Do you run it with standard components + CO2 and extra light? Or is anything else changed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_f View Post
Hi,
Im looking to buy this tank too in Denmark. Do you run it with standard components + CO2 and extra light? Or is anything else changed?
Yes, I use the filtration that came with it. I use co2 and installed a extra aquasky light in the hood. Sorry for the delay in response.

Bump: Plants seem to be settling in and growing. The cycle is moving along. Ammonia is disappearing faster and nitrites are high. Here is a picture from today. I am starting to see some algae but Im going to blame that on it being a new tank and I expect a ugly phase to get through. Plus Im trying to hold off on water changes until the cycle finishes. I finished setting up the ATO and everything is in the basement for that and I will only have the water level sensors and rodi line coming into the tank. I am planning on setting up automatic water changes.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 07:28 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (501/100%)
Looks like you're on your way to a great start.

The more I see the way you've used Flourite Black, the more I begin to realize it's a great option. It looks much better than the original Dark, in my opinion. I've been using Flourite Black Sand and what you have looks a ton better than that, as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Looks like you're on your way to a great start.

The more I see the way you've used Flourite Black, the more I begin to realize it's a great option. It looks much better than the original Dark, in my opinion. I've been using Flourite Black Sand and what you have looks a ton better than that, as well.

Thanks for the kind words! Not having much experience with any other substrate, I am very happy with this. It didn't cloud my water at all either but I also rinsed it very well.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11f150 View Post
Thanks for the kind words! Not having much experience with any other substrate, I am very happy with this. It didn't cloud my water at all either but I also rinsed it very well.
Hey sorry to revive the thread like this, but I just got the exact same setup (tank and CO2 diffuser) and placed the CO2 diffuser at the same spot as you as well as the CO2 checker on the other side like you? Can you tell me if you were able to achieve a green color in the CO2 checker? I am running the diffusing at 30psi with approx 1-2 bubbles per second and it stays blue. I am wondering where I should put the diffuser. The way the tank is built there is no direction flow, it's like 2 separate flow going on each side...
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpare79 View Post
Hey sorry to revive the thread like this, but I just got the exact same setup (tank and CO2 diffuser) and placed the CO2 diffuser at the same spot as you as well as the CO2 checker on the other side like you? Can you tell me if you were able to achieve a green color in the CO2 checker? I am running the diffusing at 30psi with approx 1-2 bubbles per second and it stays blue. I am wondering where I should put the diffuser. The way the tank is built there is no direction flow, it's like 2 separate flow going on each side...

Yes mine is green. Im at about 3 bubbles per second.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 07:49 PM

What size aquasky light do you need for the second light? 36" to 48"?

Thanks
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoosnear View Post
What size aquasky light do you need for the second light? 36" to 48"?

Thanks

The 2nd light you can add to the tank is the same as the one that comes with it. I think its only around 30", Im not home right now to confirm. Sorry for the delayed response.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 05:13 PM

This is gorgeous! would love to see an update pic. I am considering doing a similar set up with my Fluval Flex 32g. Did you use the U-Bend Glass Tubing Connector with the CO2 system? What size did you get?
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 10:36 PM

How will you run a CO2 line into your tank. Only way I see is to drill a hole through the back chamber where the pump and heater is near the top.
Could you email me on your plan?
Thanks, Dan Sethner

Last edited by Darkblade48; 10-16-2020 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Removed personal information

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode