Pico Cube - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Streetwise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Pico Cube

I put down a little soil, and a little sand, plus the two pieces of wood from my shrimp picos. I think the tank is about 2.2 gallons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80E6B1F3-B9FB-4DE1-B69F-E4D057B69B82_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	888081  

Discusluv and united natures like this.

Style: Organic soil, sand, gravel, plants, moss, algae, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tech: Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|

Last edited by Streetwise; 11-03-2019 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I added a spare MF10 and some other plants from re-doing my other pico tanks. The filter is pulling water around the wood and up from the soil.

I've got a few snails in there, and I might drop in a few shrimp fry.

At first, I just setup this tank to stash a couple of pieces of wood, but I like it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EA286724-3D9A-41DB-9236-989219D116D7_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	888089  

Name:	E8461F59-534D-48D3-B65F-BB21E7A194A1_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	320.6 KB
ID:	888091  

Style: Organic soil, sand, gravel, plants, moss, algae, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited by Streetwise; 10-15-2019 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Photo
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 03:34 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (492/100%)
I really like these little tanks. The dark silicone almost makes me like them more than my tiny high-clarity cubes.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

They do have a darker color to the glass. I really like the black silicon corners, and I now realize all my tanks are that way. There is a photographic advantage if you ever shoot along a corner.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I finally got a Plant 3.0 Nano for this tank.

Is this too small and too packed to add shrimp?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F33D3C29-8BF2-44DA-B7EB-D7204CBF7F69_1574211809286.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	889755  

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 01:57 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (492/100%)
Looks to be chugging along. The more I see the 3.0 Nano, the more I want one.

Which specific plants have you added to this little cube?

Seeing yours is giving me the itch to set up one of my 20cm cubes that's sitting idle.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I haven't done a good job at memorizing my plants. I'll try to provide a closer photo so you can see for yourself.

When I partially broke down my Gemini pico tanks to lower the dirt substrate, this is where the two mopani wood pieces ended up, along with some plants. It was temporary, and then I just loved it.

For the light, I am actually using the bracket backwards, to give more height. With the little gap in the metal, I am screwing in the bracket screw to block the bracket from going below it, otherwise it would slide down much further.

I'm still tempted to add shrimp, but there is not a lot of water in there with all the wood.

Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode