300 Gallon Planted Tank - Page 20 - The Planted Tank Forum
 598Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #286 of 292 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 02:33 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fftfk View Post
I believe the Latin name is M. Assholis. Heís a huge jerk and has basically claimed the area over the grass as his own.
I had a 75 gallon heavily planted community tank and one of a small group of White Clouds was from that same "M. Assholis" sub-species. He took over 2\3 of the tank and had the rest of the fish cowering behind plants in the other 1/3. It made me crazy...

I finally managed to trap him by using two nets with some food in one. It took a while but nothing is worse that an agitated tank. I wanted to give him a burial at sea with a one flush salute but the better half of me prevailed and a compassionate LFS owner plopped him back in a tank for some other poor soul to endure.

I suggest relocation but will be in awe if you are able to accomplish that in your beautiful epic sized tank. Please blog that effort if you undertake it!

Best,
Paul
fftfk likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #287 of 292 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourip View Post
I had a 75 gallon heavily planted community tank and one of a small group of White Clouds was from that same "M. Assholis" sub-species. He took over 2\3 of the tank and had the rest of the fish cowering behind plants in the other 1/3. It made me crazy...

I finally managed to trap him by using two nets with some food in one. It took a while but nothing is worse that an agitated tank. I wanted to give him a burial at sea with a one flush salute but the better half of me prevailed and a compassionate LFS owner plopped him back in a tank for some other poor soul to endure.

I suggest relocation but will be in awe if you are able to accomplish that in your beautiful epic sized tank. Please blog that effort if you undertake it!

Best,
Paul

I know the pain of catching something I. A tank. I spent 3 months catching a mantis shrimp in my last saltwater tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #288 of 292 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 03:40 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fftfk View Post
@Crazygar got the video to work 3 posts up. Iím very happy with how the grass came in. I think itís a combination of the substrate used and trimming it. It really does seem to spread vertically after each trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice! Would love a full on shot of the tank...i would watch this for days lol.
derecs likes this.

post #289 of 292 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 02:48 AM
Algae Grower

Spectacular tank and layout!! It has great flow. I am one of the few that thinks that too much rotala is never enough
fftfk likes this.
post #290 of 292 (permalink) Old 09-09-2020, 11:43 AM
Planted Member

Updated whole tank photo please. Don't make us beg :-)
fftfk likes this.
post #291 of 292 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 05:11 AM
Algae Grower

Wow just read through this whole thing and I have dreamed of doing something on this grand of a scale. Will be a couple years before I can pull something like this off so for now I shall live vicariously through your tank.

Seriously stunning work you are doing here man.
fftfk likes this.
post #292 of 292 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Planted Member

Pretty amazing tank! The cabinetry is especially nice. Would love to see some updated pictures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 gallon planted in progress Radion XR15FW x 2 w/Reeflink Oase Biomaster 600

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode