Well, I think I've got all the plants in that I want for now and we'll see what happens. Having various trouble with all the plants, but I'm learning. The staurogyne repens was the first thing in the tank and it's having trouble competing with algae at the moment. Not sure what to do about that, but I cut back on the lighting a couple weeks ago and the algae slowed down. Recently it's starting to loose leaves and melt, so I think I might ramp that back up in the hopes the plants will out-compete for nutrients now. Only one out of three of the tiger lotus bulbs I planted have sprouted, but it's doing well and I can't wait to see how it looks filled our around the driftwood. I purchased five bunches of anubias nana petite and attached them to the driftwood. One shed all the leaves and presumably died almost immediately, but I have it sitting in the substrate to see if it comes back. Another one started to shed leaves and I removed it and placed it in the substrate where it appears to be holding on for the time being. The other three are doing fine, but starting to accumulate algae growth on the leaves. Yesterday I planted all the jungle val, so no long term update on that, but I really love the look of it. I might need to move a few stems around the filter intakes to keep them from clogging. The store I purchased from threw in a few bonus stems of what appears to be red ludwigia, we'll see what happens with that.
As far as the fish go, the angels and thriving. I started with 10 koi angels and 2 platinums, then later added another 10 platinums. 9 of the koi angels have easily quadrupled in size, but one has a mouth deformity and barely gets any food. He's surviving, but I feel bad and still considering just ending the misery. The 12 platinum angels are now 11, and I have no idea what happened to the missing one. I thought I lost 2, but found one still alive in my sump filter sock. I'm assuming the same happened to the other and he completely decomposed. Whatever the case, I've fixed the sump overflow so they can't get into it hopefully. My german rams have taken a beating, but it was my fault and they are thriving otherwise. When I built the sump I used the wrong silicon and nearly killed everything. The rams were the only permanent damage and I have plans to add back in some male germans and try some electric blues. The four L144 long fin plecos are doing great, definitely grown some. And the two dwarf african frogs seem to be fine as well.
The tank has been completely stable and I started adding Flourish a couple weeks ago. Nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia all sitting at zero. pH has been steady at 7.4 and my KH/GH both around 90 ppm. I'm also using homemade root tabs with osmocote plus around the lotus. I haven't noticed any nutrient deficiencies, but I honestly don't know if I'm missing something. The staurogyne repens is definitely not happy and I'm hoping ramping up the lighting will help in the regard. Right now I'm only running full lighting 4 hours per day, with 1/2 intensity 8 hours per day. Going to try 6 hours full and 8 hours 1/2 for a while and see how things go. The only algae I'm dealing with appears to be blue-green algae, and its not out of control by any means. I'm siphoning off a little during weekly water changes and considering a potassium spike to kill it off. I've read hydrogen peroxide can get it too, so might try that. I prefer to take things slow unless I'm having a major problem.