Dry start is coming along but soooo slow. In that its clear I won't have a lush carpet by say next week. I don't know how long I will leave it but it will be at least another week before I flood.
Here is how it looks today:
And then the impatient bug hit me. I was out at a petco today and looked at their tissue culture section. They had some decent looking Bucephalandra Brownie Ghost and lobelia cardinalis, which I wasn't familiar with. After looking it up though I found it to be a North American native which I am a complete sucker for so I picked that up as well.
Here is how they looked:
I separated out the buce first and got a LOT of little pieces out of that cup:
I decided to try to dry start the buce on my wood which is kept relatively wet thanks to all the mistings. The misting itself has some Thrive in the bottle so the water is fertilized. While I was at it I decided to also plant the anubias nana I bought originally. The anubias I cut into two pieces and jammed into the wood. I was planning to do the same for the buce but the process was not delicate and one of the anubias' leaves came off convincing me to use superglue for the buce.
Despite using superglue I planted the buce in areas where the wood had cracks, divits, or holes. That way it would look more natural. I also went ahead and planted the Lobelia in the back on one side.
Here is how that looked form the back:
Here is how the tank looks now:
It will be interesting to see if the buce makes it, I think it will but nothing is for sure :P