Rocket City 60-H - The Planted Tank Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Talking Rocket City 60-H

After four years, I'm finally returning to freshwater! Bigger and better than ever!

Equipment

Tank: 32g AquaMaxx (24x18x18")

Stand: Imagitarium White Gloss Stand (36x18x30")

Filtration: Eheim 350/2215 Classic Canister Filter

Lighting: Current USA Sat+ (2)

Hardscape: AFA Dragon Scale Stone w/driftwood

Substrate: Amazonia Soil (9L Normal & 9L Mini)

Heater: None (Average 75F)

CO2 System: Miluwaukee Regulator with 5lb Cylinder and DoAqua Glassware

Other Glassware: DoAqua Violet 13mm Return and Intake

Additives: Power Sand Advance (Small)

Plants (via GLA)
Rotala HRA & macandra
Bucephalandra red mini (TC)
Bucephalandra velvet
Bucephalandra kedagang
Cryptocoryne yujii (TC)
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' (TC)
Piptospatha ridleyi (TC)
Staurogyne repen (TC)

Fish
TBD
__________________________________________________ ___

Status 9/28: Begun work on the hardscape
rwong2k and chicken.nublet like this.

Last edited by Morgan Freeman; 11-01-2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Formatting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 03:00 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Cant wait to see the progress and I love your acting

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Morgan Freeman likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:04 AM
Algae Grower

Welcome back sir!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Do you guys feel strongly about heating the tank? I keep my apartment at like 74F and I feel like that should be sufficient. Noticeable growth reduction between 78 and 74F? (25.56C vs. 23.33C)
What I would buy [link] 200w, 1/2".

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
] [
] [
]
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:02 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (489/100%)
Depending upon the livestock you plan to keep, you can avoid a heater. There are lots of fish that will do well at those temperatures. Plants should also be fine.

I only use heaters when they're absolutely necessary.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Depending upon the livestock you plan to keep, you can avoid a heater. There are lots of fish that will do well at those temperatures. Plants should also be fine.
I only use heaters when they're absolutely necessary.
Yea, I'm not creating a discus tank. Happy to avoid heater.

Coming together: https://flic.kr/p/2hhYTMU

How do you guys embed pics?

[
] [
] [
]
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 03:55 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (489/100%)
Click 'Share' on the photo at Flickr and copy the BB Code option. It'll look like this, depending upon the size you choose:

Photo removed since you now know how it works

You can remove some of that text at the bottom so it looks more clean:

Photo removed since you now know how it works

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 09-22-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Edit
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Starting to play with materials. Might need to order more horn wood so I don't have to mix two types. I was hoping to create more of a rock-heavy valley but I feel like they might've been a little light on the "20lbs".

I would like to give myself a lot of room for mid-ground plants.

I will have a white background.

[
] [
] [
]
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

To confirm: if I buy a 20oz paintball CO2 tank for ~$30, I should be able to hook up my Milwaukee regulator via one of these adapters, correct?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=CO2+adapt...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Do you guys have a preference? Plastic one is rated better than the metal ones (ppl recommend teflon tape).

[
] [
] [
]
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 11:28 PM
Algae Grower

Honestly, you might as well get a 5lb CO2 tank which you could find easily and for a similar price used. That paintball tank is not worth the trouble and you’ll be refilling it constantly. Just my .02
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I have a 5lb tank back home. Haven't seen many used CO2 tanks for sale in Huntsville.

I live across the street from a Dick's so refilling wouldn't be that crazy. In fact, idk if they could fill a 5lb tank that didn't have paintball fitting (so that could be a hassle).

Edit: Do you guys believe/trust this?
https://www.kikoutlet.com/with-tank-...ga320-aluminum

[
] [
] [
]

Last edited by Morgan Freeman; 10-28-2019 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Link
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 01:40 AM
Algae Grower

Seems a little too cheap, could be that it’s not “certified” or out of cert date. Do you have local beer stores or gas supply stores? They will normally rent you a cylinder and you can return it and just get another refilled tank and so on. You could just go back and forth to dicks but that may get annoying. Once every couple months is better than every week or two IMO.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Shipping my tank from home ended up only being $25! It should arrive today.

I just ordered my plants from GLA! I will post some pics and a map of the planting layout once they arrive. I'm excited to have a lot of midground plants and to try Bucephalandra. If anyone has any special tips, I'm all ears. I'm sure they'll like the substrate system I've set up (and I'll have CO2 and be dosing Flourish essentials).
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 01:27 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Loved you in Shawshank. Looking for to this build.
iamaloner likes this.

: Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?

: Because he's thirsty, dummy!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 02:08 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain."

Style: Organic soil, sand, gravel, plants, moss, algae, snails, shrimp, small fish
Tech: Fluval Plant Nano, Top Fin MF10, Tunze 3161, Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Tags
60p, ada 60h, aquascape, planted, usa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode