(DIY)22 Gallon Long - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-26-2020, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujeta View Post
I'm empathising with the situation, and if my experience can spark some hope I'm happy to pass it on. Admittedly the natural disasters have exarcebated what's happening in the states, comparing the 44 countries of Europe there's still a lot of similari experiences. Gathering from the colleagues of my multinational employer, most people seem to share the feeling of uncertainty and lack of communication from their goverrnments. One nation could give complete opposite advise of one another, coupled with fear of long-term effect of the local and other european economies. Working from home is also new to a lot of people, including myself, and as we entered this paradigm I don't think anyone foresaw the possible psycological effects it could bring. Being separated from loved ones, or reversely being locked in with the family for an extended period sure takes a toll. As surreal as it's been, at times I felt this was the most epic social experiment of all time, a global 'Truman show' of sorts. Gotta try and keep some distance to it, humour helps me with that.

There's some strength to it though, we're all in the same boat and we'll emerse in a stronger form, one experience richer, showcasing our resolute in how businesses and people adapted and overcame. In a few years, looking back at 2020, we would have lived through what could be one of the most historical years of the century. Aquaristics is certainly one of the better hobbies to help us through this time, as long as we don't let it become a burden.

Sorry for thread jacking OP, hope it's OK.
This is an open thread and everyone is more than welcome to chime in. Be it advice, their feelings etc. By all means share and share alike.
Greggz, Discusluv and Hujeta like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Did some trimming over the weekend. Still battling some hair algae. I think I will trim the back stem plants down to the substrate, vacuum thoroughly and replant the tops. The Monte Carlo is getting 'thick' to the point that the bottom of it is starting to turn yellow. I've removed a chunk of it from the front and gave some away. I just realized I didn't take a photo of the most current look. So here's one from the 29th of August.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Update: 09/13/2020 FTS

Endlers/Guppies are terrible with carpet plants. They pick at everything.

[/url]
Discusluv likes this.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank

post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 07:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
Love the whole DIY build! looks great and I fully support you going Hi-Tech as now you'll get a chance to grow things nice and thick and bring out some cool colors in the plants.
Econde likes this.

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-14-2020, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyruler90 View Post
Love the whole DIY build! looks great and I fully support you going Hi-Tech as now you'll get a chance to grow things nice and thick and bring out some cool colors in the plants.
Thanks. I've been able to save a bunch of my plants that I thought I'd lost. The plants with bare stems took a while to grow, some are still growing but growing nonetheless. The only concern on my end is hair algae. Contemplating whether or not to get a uv sterilizer. I've been picking them off whenever I do see any around.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank

Tags
diy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode