Did some more reworking. Received the crypt parva. Really unhappy with them as they were puny and lanky. I bought from a new vendor-- will definitionally be going back to the tried and true one again. Crypts are not a plant can readily get from members of the forum- so sometimes need to buy retail, unfortunately.
The slate slab that you see in vase at substrate is affixed to the base of the wood. I really wanted this to show- I still like it. But, others have said that it doesn't look very appealing so Im going to cover it with moss ( or something) of some type. Any suggestions? I dont want to take the vase apart again and bury it- because, like I said, I kinda like it; but, I think some moss will soften the edges.
I also added a crypt ( this one from a member-- and beautiful!) that I got recently that is green with a bright magenta like center. It was sold to me as a green gecko, but it just appears so much bigger than the ones I have seen before. It had been suggested that a red plant would look really nice submersed to accentuate the red of the bromeliad when add to wood outside of water. I agree!
I may also get some red buce. Maybe I can put some moss and some red buce on slate piece. Thats a thought.
I dosed ammonia and added a couple snails from my Spec V- now for the long wait. [-- I didnt realize that my Siamese, Willamena, had snuck into the background of the picture. ]