448Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #331 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyruler90 View Post
awesome interview and congrats on the tank of the month! very well deserved
btw, do you have a pic of your reef tank when you have it all set up?
Thanks!

This was one of the last FTS of the reef... mainly SPS and LPS.

hbosman, Ben Belton, Crude and 2 others like this.

-Dennis
WATER BOX CLEAR PRO 6025 (143 gallons) | 3x GHL MITRAS LX7004 LED | 2x OASE BIOMASTER THERMO | GHL PROFILUX 4 CONTROLLER | GHL DOSER 2.1 | CO2 ART PRO ELITE REGULATOR | NILOCG NA ADVANCED CO2 REACTOR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 338 (permalink) Old 07-20-2020, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Whew, been a while since I updated!

Haven't done much since this whole Covid thing started back in March... still working from home but it feels like I have less and less time to mess with the tank!
Only thing I've done is added a few plants and a few gourmai's.

Also got my doser fully running.
Phosphate, Nitrate, Micros and Easy Carbo.

quick iPhone pics from a few weeks ago...

And a couple vids from yesterday after some maintenance.

-Dennis
WATER BOX CLEAR PRO 6025 (143 gallons) | 3x GHL MITRAS LX7004 LED | 2x OASE BIOMASTER THERMO | GHL PROFILUX 4 CONTROLLER | GHL DOSER 2.1 | CO2 ART PRO ELITE REGULATOR | NILOCG NA ADVANCED CO2 REACTOR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #333 of 338 (permalink) Old 08-20-2020, 04:26 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)
Beautiful display and meticulous setup.You and I must think alike! I have set up an auto water change and reverse osmosis water tanks for similar set up as you. I have yet to set up a display tank but have a system running automated for small daily water changes, 3 gallons per day on a test bed 40B that is growing plants pretty well. I’m also autodosing all in one fertilizer (Thrive) once per day before lights on also, along with some extra KH2PO4 every other day because when I measured P it was basically zero. Extra iron once a week (as a guess) also for the reds.

While not doing 10% daily water changes, I’m trying to use PPS Pro levels of dosing so I was thinking as much water change may not be needed. This could be easily changed however. Also the water removed goes to various potted plants and into the garden as it is dumped into a bucket in a utility sink for this purpose.

Anyway, if you have any more insight into daily water changes and how you are going about dosing I sure would appreciate it!

Plastic, yuck!

post #334 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Here's what the tank looks like today... almost one year since it got wet.
I've basically ignored the tank lately. That right side has gone nuts.

And these may be the last pics i take!
I'm getting a bit bored of this scape so I'm thinking of tearing it all out and starting over with something completely different.

Stay tuned... October may be interesting.
Greggz, ipkiss, zivvel and 2 others like this.

-Dennis

post #335 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 09:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Oh man. It'll be sad to see it go but, can't wait for your next project with it.
d2creative likes this.

7.5 Cube - shrimp tank
post #336 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 09:51 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I agree, I enjoy this scape, looks so natural and the fish are bursting with color, showing their level of happy. Either way, sounds like we are in for a treat..

Gary
d2creative likes this.

post #337 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 05:18 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
your "ignored" tank still looks amazing!

Yes, I feel you on the need to change things up. it keeps things interesting!

Excited to see what comes out! you have a great foundation with the automatic water changer/ doser/ lights so all it needs is to change up the plants and maybe livestock?
d2creative likes this.

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

post #338 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyruler90 View Post
your "ignored" tank still looks amazing!

Yes, I feel you on the need to change things up. it keeps things interesting!

Excited to see what comes out! you have a great foundation with the automatic water changer/ doser/ lights so all it needs is to change up the plants and maybe livestock?
Correct, all equipment can stay. And since I'll be emptying the tank I'll probably go ahead and add a UV.
With the livestock I'm considering, probably going to lean towards a more minimalist scape. More hardscape focused with less focus on plants.
Econde likes this.

-Dennis

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode