d2's Planted Tank Adventurama - Page 13 - The Planted Tank Forum
 236Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 10:45 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
I've had good luck with Hydrocotyle sp. 'Japan' in that sort of pocket. Mine is growing emersed and I just sort of twine the upper runners around a branch with the roots and the lower third of the plant floating in the water.
d2creative and Janci like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
My first RAINBOWS in da HOUSE!!!!
I got 6 Boesemani's from ADG here in houston.

And I already lost one!
I had all 6 acclimating in a small bucket. I turned my back for 5 minutes. When I returned, one was on the floor, not moving, with my two cats standing over it.
I put him back in the bucket and was able to resuscitate him, but he never swam quite right after that. He didn't make it through the night.
One fish and 30 bucks down the toilet.

But the other 5 have settled in and are doing ok!

And some of my Schwartzi Cory Cats hanging out...

-Dennis
WATER BOX CLEAR PRO 6025 (143 gallons) | 3x GHL MITRAS LX7004 LED | 2x OASE BIOMASTER THERMO | GHL PROFILUX 4 CONTROLLER | GHL DOSER 2.1 | CO2 ART PRO ELITE REGULATOR | NILOCG NA ADVANCED CO2 REACTOR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #183 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 02:46 AM
Wannabe Guru

Those are nice and of course nice pics. What is your water level at? I would definitely keep it +1" probably even 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" assuming no cover. I haven't had any flying fish yet with a 1" drop from rim, but my biggest fish is a Black Neon.
d2creative likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #184 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 02:55 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Wow, beautiful setup all around. Your setup is amazing, from your filters, auto dosing, auto water change, stand, lighting, lighting stands/hangers to the actual tank, much less the room it is in. I really enjoy it when someone incorporates a tank into their home like it was meant to be, matches the decor well, etc.

So far, I feel your scape is excellent, and often prefer no driftwood. I love the idea that part will be emmersed, I think that will fit well with the theme. Great plant choices so far. I can't wait to see where this goes.

-Matt

post #185 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2creative View Post

And I already lost one!
I had all 6 acclimating in a small bucket. I turned my back for 5 minutes. When I returned, one was on the floor, not moving, with my two cats standing over it.
I put him back in the bucket and was able to resuscitate him, but he never swam quite right after that. He didn't make it through the night.

Nice photos. What are you using for a lens? Macro?

The real fountain of youth is being a musician
post #186 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
The tank is gorgeous and I love your house, it’s so clean and open!!

75g “Skull Island” |
|
| Zoo Med Small Tall Vivarium
Fraternity of Dirt #168
post #187 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Those look like good high quality Bows.

Showing nice color like that at a young age is a good sign.

Good luck with them and looking forward to seeing them grow out and mature.

Bump: Those look like good high quality Bows.

---
---
post #188 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
Wow, beautiful setup all around. Your setup is amazing, from your filters, auto dosing, auto water change, stand, lighting, lighting stands/hangers to the actual tank, much less the room it is in. I really enjoy it when someone incorporates a tank into their home like it was meant to be, matches the decor well, etc.

So far, I feel your scape is excellent, and often prefer no driftwood. I love the idea that part will be emmersed, I think that will fit well with the theme. Great plant choices so far. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchblack View Post
Nice photos. What are you using for a lens? Macro?
Thanks. Yes, Fuji 80mm macro on a Fuji X-T3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm<>< View Post
The tank is gorgeous and I love your house, it’s so clean and open!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Those look like good high quality Bows.

Thanks, man! They are really nice looking for their size... around 2-2.5"
Was willing to pay a bit extra for good looking specimens, and being able to see them in person before purchasing.

A day or two later I saw some at my local Pet Smart. They were less than half the price but also less than half the color.

--------------

So question.... i know we talked briefly earlier about my Monte Carlo possibly dying back, the tissue culture specifically.
Since I mixed it up when planting I'm not sure what was planted where but I am just now seeing a bunch of it die back. On the other hand, some seems to be doing well.
Normal this far in or should I be concerned?

Nitrate is around 5ppm. Phosphorous is 70 ppb. pH is around 6.2-6.9 depending on time of day. Temp at 76.2
Greggz likes this.

-Dennis
WATER BOX CLEAR PRO 6025 (143 gallons) | 3x GHL MITRAS LX7004 LED | 2x OASE BIOMASTER THERMO | GHL PROFILUX 4 CONTROLLER | GHL DOSER 2.1 | CO2 ART PRO ELITE REGULATOR | NILOCG NA ADVANCED CO2 REACTOR

post #189 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Planted Member

Quote:

And I already lost one!

ADG always has awesome rainbows! They may not look super-colorful in the store because the blue background on their tanks washes out there colors. But a day after getting them home and into your own system they are always stunners!! Looking good man, we should catch up soon!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
d2creative likes this.

30g Reef
Fluval Spec V Planted
UNS 3N Wabi Kusa
UNS 5N Planted
UNS 60U Planted
post #190 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 12:40 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:

--------------

So question.... i know we talked briefly earlier about my Monte Carlo possibly dying back, the tissue culture specifically.
Since I mixed it up when planting I'm not sure what was planted where but I am just now seeing a bunch of it die back. On the other hand, some seems to be doing well.
Normal this far in or should I be concerned?

Nitrate is around 5ppm. Phosphorous is 70 ppb. pH is around 6.2-6.9 depending on time of day. Temp at 76.2
Are you running co2 at a good rate at this point and dosing appropriately with ferts?

And is there any pattern to what is melting? Groups in certain sections or just random ones?
post #191 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 01:04 AM
Wannabe Guru

I can't believe I am just finding this now. What a beautifully done presentation, and great looking rainbows! I'll be following along for sure from here!

|

post #192 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
Are you running co2 at a good rate at this point and dosing appropriately with ferts?

And is there any pattern to what is melting? Groups in certain sections or just random ones?
I'm going through a 5lb tank in like 3 weeks. My dropper is green-ish yellow. I've been gradually turning it down over the last several days.
I think my daily high was creeping up, but my controller was keeping the same daily low goal, so it was slowly increasing dosage.

The most open area seemed to be dying first, now it's kinda spreading.
Haven't dosed much other than the occasional Thrive. Wasn't sure how to proceed with fertz yet.

Actually, it just dawned on me.... maybe my cory cats are bothering it. Some are uprooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
I can't believe I am just finding this now. What a beautifully done presentation, and great looking rainbows! I'll be following along for sure from here!
Thanks!
Greggz likes this.

-Dennis

post #193 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 02:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:

The most open area seemed to be dying first, now it's kinda spreading.
Haven't dosed much other than the occasional Thrive. Wasn't sure how to proceed with fertz yet.

Actually, it just dawned on me.... maybe my cory cats are bothering it. Some are uprooted.

Thanks!
Yep, the cory's will uproot newly planted stuff. Also what is your substrate? Aquasoil? You should be dosing K and micros. Everything else will be provided by the soil. Also make sure you watch you lights. You should be still in short photo period mode.
d2creative likes this.

post #194 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
Yep, the cory's will uproot newly planted stuff. Also what is your substrate? Aquasoil? You should be dosing K and micros. Everything else will be provided by the soil. Also make sure you watch you lights. You should be still in short photo period mode.
Ultum ControSoil.
I don't have potassium or micros yet. I'll look for some.
How do I know when I can go for a longer photo period or up the intensity?

-Dennis

post #195 of 208 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Ultum ControSoil.
I don't have potassium or micros yet. I'll look for some.
How do I know when I can go for a longer photo period or up the intensity?
I would definitely start dosing K and micros. No reason not to and you'll avoid a shortage. I would wait to you have more plant mass to increase light duration. Intensity you need for certain plants, but if everything is growing I wouldn't increase it. The peak period can be pretty short and you can get good plant growth.
Greggz and d2creative like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode