- Setup Date: 4-14-19
- Tank Size: 55g
- Water Volume: approx 35g
- Substrate: Thin layer of gravel. Planning on adding more
- Lighting: 4ft T-8 basement lighting (Planning on upgrading)
- Tank Style: Swamp/Lagoon planted with top water and floaties.
- Planned Decorations: All natural. Rocks, sticks, plants, driftwood. No pre-made decorations or plastic plants. Except a skull x_x
- Planned Fish: Small Livebearers, and some other small species.
- Planned Fish Count: Heavy. Cant put a number to this.
- Planned Inverts: Crayfish, shrimp, snails.
- Top water Plants: duckweed, water lilies, water cabbage, and some other floaters.
- Submerged Plants: To be honest, idk. Whatever looks good.
Note: This photo was taken before i removed 75% of the duckweed, a bi-weekly ritual now.
Current Stock List
(1) Common Snapping Turtle - Chompy
(2) Red Belly River Cooters - Sam & Ela
(8) pairs of adult guppies, about many many juveniles and babies.
(1) pair of black mollies, with the male being the lone survivor from the very beginning moments of the tank.
(4) Flag fish bought as fry.
(2) Neon Tetras
(1) Pleco Algae Eater (although i dont think he does anything)
(1) Lightning white Lobster - The Night King
(1) Rabbit Snail - Rabbit
(2) Giant Rams horn Snails
This tank started off as just an upgrade for my sons turtle. We received a captive hatched common snapping turtle from a buddy some time around august of last year (2018). Shortly after receiving him, my son dubbed him "Chompy" and i started building plans in my head. Fast forward 8 months, one large critter keeper and we have our first upgrade, a 55g tank that's been waiting to be used. The plan was to give chompy as natural of a setting as possible. I knew i wanted to go planted, and i knew it was gonna be a mess. What this has become amazes me to the point were i sit in front of the tank for at least 2 hours a day just staring
More updates will be coming shortly!
Thank you for reading.