147Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 08:07 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
The strip light already went out in this tank, unfortunately. \

I took one of the clip- on lights from the 5.4 gallon tank for now. But, Ive really got used to this tank not having an open top and dont like the look of seeing the back filter section when look down at tank.

I tried to find a replacement strip light for this tank but couldn't find one. If someone is able to find one can you give me a link to it? Thanks

I received the PRL shrimp for this tank-- they are itty bitty, which I hear is good.

They all settled in well, no losses.

Can you tell if the light is out vs the power supply... if you have extra power supplies on hand with the same specifications you can try to wire it in and see if the light comes back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Discusluv likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fluval EDGE slightly modded, low tech
3+ gallon (40 x 16 x 20.5 cm) aquatic soil, low-tech
Fluval spec V (sitting in a box)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvDO View Post
Can you tell if the light is out vs the power supply... if you have extra power supplies on hand with the same specifications you can try to wire it in and see if the light comes back to life.

Some of the leds are still working and some are dark. Not sure why this is.

Amy
post #213 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 02:49 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Some of the leds are still working and some are dark. Not sure why this is.

Discusluv likes this.

post #214 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvDO View Post

Yes, you may be right.

Now, something else-- have you got a plan for some Rams. I got a boatload

You are close you know.

Amy
post #215 of 221 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 05:27 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes, you may be right.

Now, something else-- have you got a plan for some Rams. I got a boatload

You are close you know.
I may actually have room for some in the near future. I have a pair of apisto panduro's that I'm going to try my hand at breeding, they were very small when I first got them, and the female was stressing out the male (she was bigger). They are about the same size now and probably about 6 months old, so they may be ready, if they are not successful or something goes wrong I may have to switch gears.

post #216 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I havent updated this journal in ages! I wanted to share a couple pictures of some plants that I got from @Immortal1 . We traded plants for shrimp .
Here are a few of the plants that were sent- on the left: the pretty reddish/pinkish toned one in front ( I forgot what its called), Lobelia Cardinalis ( Love!), and the Hygrophila balsamica ( this one is beautiful and grows very vigorously!)

Thank you Linn!

Yaboihunt and Nebthet78 like this.

Amy
post #217 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 10:58 PM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
I havent updated this journal in ages! I wanted to share a couple pictures of some plants that I got from @Immortal1 . We traded plants for shrimp .
Here are a few of the plants that were sent- on the left: the pretty reddish/pinkish toned one in front ( I forgot what its called), Lobelia Cardinalis ( Love!), and the Hygrophila balsamica ( this one is beautiful and grows very vigorously!)

Thank you Linn!

Looking great Amy! That Hygrophila balsamica looks right at home in there. Now the fun part - keeping it trimmed :-)
Not sure how fast those Lobelia Cardinalis are going to grow in your tank, but if they pick up any speed like in my high tech tank you will be giving away the excess in a few months :-)
The plant in the front left is some version of Alternanthera Reineckii. Interesting little plant as it really does not like my high tech tank, but seemed to be very happy in my 20g low tech tank.
Will have to see if I can get any pics of the new shrimp on my end one of these days

also, like your light - have 2 of those over the 20g low tech tank. Really like the bluetooth app that goes with them.
Discusluv likes this.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #218 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Looking great Amy! That Hygrophila balsamica looks right at home in there. Now the fun part - keeping it trimmed :-)
Not sure how fast those Lobelia Cardinalis are going to grow in your tank, but if they pick up any speed like in my high tech tank you will be giving away the excess in a few months :-)
The plant in the front left is some version of Alternanthera Reineckii. Interesting little plant as it really does not like my high tech tank, but seemed to be very happy in my 20g low tech tank.
Will have to see if I can get any pics of the new shrimp on my end one of these days

also, like your light - have 2 of those over the 20g low tech tank. Really like the bluetooth app that goes with them.
Yes! I can see those H balsamica branches starting to spread out wider and wider- lol! How do I propogate this plant? Do I take off these branches and place them in substrate? Would they, then, grow roots?

I hope the L. Cardinalis do increase, would love to put some in my other tanks. Such an interesting plant. Different than what I have.

Oh, thats right-- A . Reineckii. It has lost some color since you sent it too me, sadly. Its still very pretty, though. I dont have a really high fertilization routine, maybe thats why it isnt so vibrant. I have been fertilizing my shrimp tanks with the Thrive specific to tanks with shrimp. Maybe I should add some Seachem root tabs around it. That might help.

This Fluvel nano light Ive only had for a few weeks now, but Im really liking it. Especially the colors. It makes the plants, shrimp, etc... look very nice.
Greggz and Immortal1 like this.

Amy
post #219 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 01:03 AM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Not sure on your questions regarding H balsamica branches or propogation. I have simply been cutting off the bottom and replanting the top.
Guessing @burr740, @Greggz and several others would have a better input
Discusluv likes this.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #220 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Not sure on your questions regarding H balsamica branches or propogation. I have simply been cutting off the bottom and replanting the top.
Guessing @burr740, @Greggz and several others would have a better input
Ill look it up. Thanks again for the plants.

Amy
post #221 of 221 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Some very poor pictures of my PRL shrimp. I think we are going to get some shrimp -letís soon. Been a lot of swarming around by males lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
doug105! likes this.

Amy

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode