37 gallon high paludarium Journal- Update NEW PICS 3-11-2011 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
37 gallon high paludarium Journal- Update NEW PICS 3-11-2011

First Set Up

My Mag Rocks ( one of many)

After Some Work...

Then after about 2 weeks...

Then I decided to split the substrates adding an area of sand...

And these are the most recent pictures after i bought a pretty big load of plants....

( sorry for the dirty glass)

Tank Specs

37 gallon tall All Glass tank
Light- Odyssea four T5-HO 24 watt light bulbs
Substrate- Azoo , and the sand is Torpedo Beach Substrate by Carib Sea
Fish- none yet but I will eventually get just shrimp

Plant list :

1. Anubias
2. Wendt’s Cryptocoryne, water trumpet
3. Tiger Lotus, Red
4. Phyllanthus (floating plant)
5. Ludwigia inclinata var. verticillata 'Cuba'
6. Hydrotriche (flower plant)
7. Echinodorus 'Altlandsberg'
8. hemianthus callitrichoides (baby tears)

C02- NONE just dosing a supplement for it.

I am dosing Excel and I put one root tab in my tank already

Lets see how well my plants survive this is the first big test

My filteration is a DIY I just modded a Next Reef Substrate Reactor to hold filter floss and a carbon bag

Last edited by ianizaguirre; 03-12-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Awesome Paludarium!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Looking good! Throw in some ficus (creeping fig) on the right side in one of those mag rocks, and it'll climb up that tube thing and along those rocks. May even stretch across to the other side.

Ha ha, he he! DAncE whEn yoU're HAPppy! He he he! DAnce, danCE, DANCe!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Banned

PTrader: (43/100%)
where do you get the mag rocks from?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
I sell plants but not green thumbs, sorry.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemman View Post
where do you get the mag rocks from?

Look on Big Als online, Amazon.com, or get it directly from the maker which is Pet-Tech. they have many different sizes, and colors. But if you are thinking of useing them underwater You must upgrade the magents they come with, and dont do it with them, buy some epoxy covered ones that have around a 40lb pull force, and get two, but be careful with your glass. What i did was wrap all the magnets I had in a piece of tubing with a ruberband so if it sliped onto the glass the tubing cushions the entire impact.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Swimz$ View Post
Looking good! Throw in some ficus (creeping fig) on the right side in one of those mag rocks, and it'll climb up that tube thing and along those rocks. May even stretch across to the other side.
Thanks ! the tank is only four weeks old, i still have alot of work to do...

I will for sure add the ficus! but first i am trying to get the water section more or less stable and perfect, and then i will start contruction on the top half. I will hide all equipment from view when i start that section. I added the tube on the right side to hide one of the tubes and i am going to attach moss to it so it will cover it up.

I just ordered a pond foger that i am going to add to the tank, and when that is set up, hopfully, the top half of the plants in my tank sticking out of the water will look better ( i just planted all those plants yesterday so i dont know if they are going to die) and the fogger will help me with the moss I want to attach to the Glass.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisinator View Post
Awesome Paludarium!
Thank You !!! My only worry right now is my hemianthus callitrichoides (baby tears) I really hope it survives I just ordered four new bulbs so my Par will increase by alot hopfully. I want to grow one of the four rocks filled with the dwarf baby tears on the land next to a fogger i will be getting this week so i can compare growth.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

QUESTION
The filter i have works it filters the water like it should but it sucks in the water at a level that is not close to the surface. So....
-
I have some surface scum that i am guessing blocks some light. If i get a mini tetra whisperer in tank filter (ill hide it behind some wood) will it get rid of this scum?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

bump
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to malaybiswas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianizaguirre View Post
Thank You !!! My only worry right now is my hemianthus callitrichoides (baby tears) I really hope it survives I just ordered four new bulbs so my Par will increase by alot hopfully. I want to grow one of the four rocks filled with the dwarf baby tears on the land next to a fogger i will be getting this week so i can compare growth.
You should spread out the hc more evenly than keeping them in bigger clump. Will help in faster establishment and grow out. Nice setup with lot of props. However the 2 substrate stands out way to much IMO. Just curious why u r keeping it that way?

Patience is the name of the game.

|
|
|
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaybiswas View Post
You should spread out the hc more evenly than keeping them in bigger clump. Will help in faster establishment and grow out. Nice setup with lot of props. However the 2 substrate stands out way to much IMO. Just curious why u r keeping it that way?
I can see the substrates look so different right now. I did it because I know it will come together with time as my tank is very young. My plan is to plant a row of anubia nana on the border seperating the two substrates and keep them from gaining height and then on the side with the sand since it is much more shaded plant different strands of anubia.

My goal with the seperate substartes is to give the tank a sense of two seperate pasrts of a lake, river or stream meeting and flowing into another set of life. Mine being very low light plants on the side with the sand and high and medium light plants on the side with the Azoo substrate
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Update I am now running this tank with a paintball CO2 Setup. I guess I am really lucky as I have not had any huge algea problems, at all and I have had two fish in the tank for a while, along with alot of plants.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

UPDATE ON TANK

Update March 11, 2011

And the CO2

Is there anything you think I should change with my aquascape? I am not done adding plants yet but I want to get my scape right first, and then after the water section ill work on the land section.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Planted Member

Sweet tank!

Chewyy's 10g Log

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Thanks my camera is pretty bad so you cant really see it all that good. And the land portion is not developed yet But regarding the water portion, should I change anything with my aquascape? Do you like where the wood is placed? I have the wood in the cornors to hide my equipment...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode