**Color corrected photos in updates**
Been a while since I've done one of these, upgraded from the 75P and hand made cabinet to a 90P and an ADA cabinet because I'm a big boy now ha. It's very obviously Iwagumi, I used seiryu stone (30kg+) and HC 'Cuba' exclusively; I'm not going to lie it's my favorite plant. Still using a MH pendant with a 150w ADA 'Green' that's brand new and still needs some time for the green to die down and settle/burn in a little bit. Ask away about other equipment.
Here's some set-up progression pictures. I used hand cut pieces of corrugated plastic board as substrate supports/dams to help the rocks keep the dramatic slope that allows you to see HC 'Cuba' in the background.
Here it is now after some time to clear, filled today.
Okay now we can rewind to the beginning.
The cardboard divider for the river, which was meticulously bent at nearly every corrugation (took hours I'm a nut).
This rock was the right shape but too large so I had it against the glass and propped up with smaller stones, the dirt did a good job eating it up and making it look smaller, and it also helped hold the slope.
Adding powersand advanced
Corrugated plastic supports peaking out before adding powdered AS
River getting filled in
Details coming along
The riverbed detail took many hours and lots of smashing of seiryu stone
Preliminary hardscape, things change from here a little
Planting this took at least 8 hours; I went through about a dozen of these trays and 32 cups.
Densely planting as it is the only bio-load
Filled with a bag with paper towels for wicking to further slow the fill water
Directly after filling
Cleared up a bit with in line CO2 diffusion on so there's bubbles adding to the fog
Off angle with the light in view. That's my tank for now, cheers!