Delapoolís tank journal - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Delapool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Delapoolís tank journal

So been a while of not doing much and took a photo while doing a water change.

Readings of less than 5ppm nitrate (might explain the unhappy bolbitis) and 0.5ppm phosphate (test kit expired ages ago yikes!).

Bought a timer to run the second light for short periods but not really seeing the need. The t5ho doing the job for the ferns and Anubias. Still dreaming of getting to a fish shop when funds permit.

On the good news side, zero GSA on glass since turning off second light. Minimal green algae on glass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:00 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Very nice. I love that stand. I'm curious what light you are running and what is the black thing in the far left corner?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Also on the plus side I managed to not drop a towel or sleeve corner in the tank water

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwarsfan View Post
Very nice. I love that stand. I'm curious what light you are running and what is the black thing in the far left corner?

It looked way nicer with the hood but shifted twice in last year and it didnít make it.

Just an internal filter running in back corner and help push water around.

Tank is 4ft x 2ft x 2.5ft high with quad t5ho plus a second led light (switched off). Will see if I have an old photo of it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Delapoolís tank journal

From several years back before shifting. Tossed a lot of stuff out. Sorry, just iPhone pics.

Starwarsfan and Quint like this.

Last edited by Delapool; 05-18-2019 at 05:25 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The bolbitis still hates me

I ran an experiment for a couple of weeks (ie I forgot Iíd done it), where left the second light running. Result was drastically browned off bolbitis (which Iíve generally taken as deficient in majors not algae growth) and green algae on tank glass.

Nitrates read 5pmm so upping dosing. Out of date phosphate test kit read 0.25ppm and new kit read 1ppm (I thought interesting that Iíd found out of date nitrate kits to also under-read).

Iím still tempted to run the second light for an hour just as it sits there lol but apart from one plant, the ferns and Anubias I confess seem fine without it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Tiger barbs and angelfish (a match made in heaven ). Some quick photos before tank clean of glass. Nitrates 10ppm and phosphate 0.25ppm.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Nothing much - noticed drop checker on tank bottom last week and fixed. Obviously liked it there as again on bottom and has been joined by the temperature gauge (late winter breeding pattern???). Canít be bothered removing lights and covers to get so will sit there until next weekend.

Lots of local chat on betta tanks - tempted to get mine out again from shed but maybe some micro fish or shrimp.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode