06.15.19 Week 7 post water change:
Diatoms may be a little better/less this week. Certainly post water change as I really stirred up the gravel as well as sponged the glass, rubbed down the wood, and brushed off the plants (multiple times). Installed an Aquaclear 70 during wc and left it on an hour after refilling before cranking the canisters back up. Then just left it running for now.
Finally see some wisteria growth. Thought and kinda hoped this would be the one I'd have to trim weekly. And some growth anyway on the other stems. Assembled all the vertical stems of what I'm thinking is Ludwigia palustrus (wild gathered)and moved to the left side of tank in front of the E. peruensis. Speaking of which, both have put out shoots with 5-6 plantlets. Guess I just cut these off?
And changed my GH booster to also boost kH as my STS substrate continues to suck up the little kH that's in my tap. Attaching a copy of GreggZ shared dosing worksheet. Again, most helpful. Thank you @Greggz
First mixed five grams each KHCO3, CaCO3, and MgSO4 in a pint squeeze bottle to dissolve then squirted in tank. I guess the appropriate description would be chalky. I'm talking white water tank. Was a little concerned for a bit but water did clear up in fifteen-twenty minutes. So I did it again with five more grams of each. After that fully dissolved kH measured 3-4 and GH 4-5. Won't know 'til Monday if the Saf T Sorb sorbed all the kH again but suspect it will.
All in all, all's good. Wish my phone images weren't so washed out. Need to figure something out there. Also need to learn how to make the image a thumbnail that one can click and bring up the full size image. Could certainly use some help there. And if anyone notices anything questionable or even downright crazy especially regarding my dosing please
chime in. Not at all confident and want to learn.