Architectural betta tank build (56k) - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Seriously cool ideas in this build. Really like the fire pit / bubbler idea. Won't work in my 75g layout but maybe in my wifes 40g...

Will be following along to see how this turns out. Also, FYI, if you have or create a YouTube account you can upload your video there, then post that link here so others can see your video.
I debated on doing videos for this one but I just wanted to get it done. I have a lot of work I need to do with the tissue culture plants I grow ... I have 10,000 cups coming from China. I need to make sure I have plants to put in them so I can start selling them finally. The new 75g that I'm going to do for my daughter's nursery I'm going to probably make videos for. And the 55g hexagon tank sitting in my garage. Both ambitious projects, even more so than this one has been. I have been able to dip my toes into ideas I've had for a while with this tank, so I can use them to even more grand scale in those 2 builds. But the race has been to get this DONE. No time for video editing between my normal full time job and the tissue culture lab I built and am trying to turn *into* my full time job. I've put off doing plant work to finish this. I def plan to do YouTube stuff though.

If you do the fire pits... Test the bubble stones first. I bought these on Amazon. Listed as having "ultra fine bubbles". Obviously it was a lie. I'm not super disappointed, it still looks awesome. But I was hoping for smaller bubbles. So make sure you test them before you permanently secure them into anything with silicone, or you'll risk ruining what you built trying to replace them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Immortal1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Got the dividers finished and secured in. All the substrate and deco done. Tomorrow- water and plants!

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Time to fill her up and see if I need to add any more plants.

And get all the duckweed out that came over from one of my other tanks. FML on that bit.

GreenGirl, tredford and Yaboihunt like this.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Now just waiting on the plants to grow in.

Filter is finished. Curing. Then I gotta still make the hood too, but the tank is done. Needs to cycle and then it'll be ready to move fish into!

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The big compartment on the right is going to be where the heater goes. Also being loaded with ceramic media that's pre cycled from another tank. Then going to be topped with egg crate to hold filter sponge for mechanical filtration. Water will come up the plastic tubing and through mechanical. Down into ceramic. Through holes in first divider into the next chamber that's going to be loaded with k1 micro fluidized bed. Through the top of next divider and down over bioballs (and a sponge filter I'm taking from another tank to help seed it too). Under last divider and then through the outlet and down into the tank.

It's also going to be flipped, inlet on the left side.

Yaboihunt likes this.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Bacterial bloom starting to subside. Filter repaired with proper glue (plastic epoxy) and a second bubbler added to the MBBF compartment. Still gotta make the hood ... But that may be on hold for a bit. I have a ton of plants to take care of. This week I have make about 80 liters of media and multiply close to 850x 12oz tissue culture containers. I'm so very close to having that who bit up and running and generating income and maybe being able to quit my job, do that full time, and work from home while raising my little girl (ETA October). So... Aquarium hood, while fun, takes back burner. I'll get back to it in about 2 weeks and finish up the hood about the time the bettas go in.

tredford, RCB and Yaboihunt like this.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:36 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
wow. this is very unique and very well done! very beautiful work all around!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode