Well, I got co2 hooked back up today, and so far so good (about an hour and a half). Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Got the first bit of plants in there as well. Echinodorus aflames that werenít getting enough light in the main tank, and I pulled all the dwarf hairgrass from the main tank because the cories are abusive and wouldnít let it fully establish.
Planting in the Fluval Stratum was way easier than some of the reports claimed. I didnít have any issues getting plants in and staying put, but this is only preliminary, we shall see long term how it goes.
I donít like the placement of the diffuser, Iíll play with the position some more but for now it stays where itís at.
Ammonia tested 0.25 ppm again, so I added 2.5ml of pure ammonia and tested five or ten minutes later, and got the same reading. Either the dollar store ammonia is weak as hell or my kit is bad. I can smell the ammonia from the bottle so Iím leaning towards a bad kit. What Iíll probably do is fill a 5 gallon bucket and add 5ml and see what happens. Bacteria doesnít work THAT fast. Nitrite is testing 0, havenít tried nitrates yet. Probably tomorrow.
Hereís a progress picture.
Edit: I couldnít stand it so I moved the diffuser now lol. A lot less of the bubbles, if any, are making it to the surface. Doing 1 bps right now, it might be too much for livestock, but Iíll start there and adjust accordingly before animals are added (besides snails, but if they die, they die).
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk