low tech 10 Shrimp/Fry Grow-out - Page 3 - The Planted Tank Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 09:54 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (494/100%)
Thank you for sharing photos of the eggs you've collected. It's always exciting to track the development of little critters.
frogmanjared likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Thank you for sharing photos of the eggs you've collected. It's always exciting to track the development of little critters.
I’m glad someone else enjoys looking at them!

post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Talking Wrigglers!!!

We have wrigglers this morning!!! I found two more eggs doing a water change Sunday, so there's around 14 viable eggs/wrigglers in total. I'M SO EXCITED!

aquanerd13 likes this.

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well, good news and bad news. I’ve lost three female shrimp in the last two weeks. I think my shrimp dreams are done. On the bright side, I’ve found more eggs, and the wrigglers are let loose in the tank! I might try breeding ember tetras after these pandas grow up.

post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:37 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Sorry to hear, seems like your temperature is low? Or maybe just bad angle

--UN--
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by united natures View Post
Sorry to hear, seems like your temperature is low? Or maybe just bad angle
Bad angle I hope, 72-74 most days.

post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I grabbed 7 more eggs out of the 29. I think the count is around 30 Panda eggs/fry. Keeping tabs on their development is tough, they are great at hiding, and the subwassertang is a great place to hide. They are getting microworms twice a day, first bites and bbs once a day.

post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Water change day... I only saw 1 live and 1 dead fry. Either they are not leaving the subwassertang even when I poke it, or my 10 is a Cory killer. In my panic I ordered a hang on breeder box I will fit onto the 29 to raise the pandas. I had 100% CPD survival, so this is really disheartening. I’ve never been able to keep Cory’s in this 10, I thought it was the substrate before the total redo. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised, but I think I’d see more than one fry out of ~14 by now. There are a dozen eggs in the cup that will go into the breeder box when it comes in a day or two.

Edit. As usual, after a water change, the zebra danios are spawning. In their craziness they spooked a baby Cory! Then I noticed more eggs.

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Update

Its been quite a while since I updated with a FTS. I switched bulbs, found LED 6000k bulbs and started dosing 3x a week. I'm not trying to have a lush tank, I need to be able to get the fry out easily and see how they are growing. The zebra danios seem to breed 2x a week, all the eggs are infertile, but it makes a great snack for the pandas, I think that's one of the reasons they are growing so fast.

The fry with no eyes has eyes, they are just clear. I'm excited to see it as an adult. It has super barbels and is the fastest to find food.

There are now 16 fry in the tank. I added the 8 from the breeder box on the 29 gal today. Some of the older ones were searching for food after todays water change.
ScrubbyDick likes this.

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I can't believe how fast they are growing! The largest of the pandas is over 3/4". They go nuts after a water change, but I can still only see 10-11 at once. I think there is 14 in total. Here they are starting to swarm the repashy. The odd one with the clear eyes is on the right in this photo.

This picture was from today after a water change. They had successfully stolen the shrimp pellet from the yellow shrimp and claimed it as their own.

I finally managed to get around to install a power strip! It's much more organized under the aquarium now.

Tags
low tech 10, shrimp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode