My 10 and 40B - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Little change. Decided to pull the lilys from my 10g. When I did realized it was actually two plants, one still attached to the bulb and a second runner if you will. Put them in the fwd corner and moved the others out front as they seem to want to stay small.

Still happy that the wndtii didnt melt since planting and are actually sending out several new leaves albiet they are green and not the bronze color like the original plant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2020, 06:12 AM
Algae Grower

Nicely done. The good thing about getting one little fish is there is the potential for many more.

In my Community tank I have Sterbaiís and they are of every size. The little ones are definitely the highlight of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks @zmartin

Not much change, trimmed the wisteria. Usually about every other water change its time to give it a snip.

If your barbels cant touch the ground is it time to go on a diet.....

Interesting looking wild type Neo (baby Cory cat in background to the right)

Baby Cory cat out eating with the parents. Only see this guy mainly. I did see a darting motion which I thought was a baby shrimp but turned out to be another baby cory cat. It was only about 1/8" long. Not sure why it was out in the front, must of gotten scared out of hiding. Not sure if that one made it but will see. That makes 3 new babies but not sure if they will all make it. Until they get to about 3/8" they stay in hiding pretty good most of the time.
zmartin, ererer and chrisg like this.

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Pre water change photo of tank, only thing I did after water change was trim the wisteria and siamensis in the back and replaced a few of the ARs in back by the filter intake with the trimmings so looks pretty much same as a couple of days ago when I took this pic.

So I have scene two of the baby corys but they are still usually being shy around me. One is a little bigger then this one I think. Have not scene the super small third one since first sighting so it may have gotten knommed.

Kind of a cool color in this male shrimp. Get males like this once in a while. Darker more transparent red. They look pretty cool in the tank when they turn up. Hard to get the true color on the phones camera.

Bump: Oh and if I am not mistaken the anubius is sending up a flower shoot. First time I have scene that on any of my plants. I think thats what it is anyways as doesnt look like a new leaf.
Greggz likes this.

post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Pics from today

Atleast one baby cory is doing good, have not scene the other of similar size. Doesnt mean much but surprised if it didnt make it as it was well past being eaten sized a while back.

The lotus or lilly really gets some iridescence going on some of its leaves. Will need to trim that shoot tomorrow, it is only popping one of those about every 3 weeks or so. Seems like it wants to test the waters every once in a while.

chicken.nublet and Streetwise like this.

post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Been a little while, super busy.

The one larger baby cory made it and is doing well. Have not scene the other two so assume they didnt make it. Saw another youngster today so will see if that one makes it. Have not done much besides trim the wisteria and AR.

Waiting for a ferry and checked out some tide pools and saw a bunch of these little guys. They are all over when the weather warms up some. Cool little fish but hard to photo without a container to put em in.

post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 09:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
The crypt in the front looks very nice

BTW, what are you feeding the fish when you noticed they kept breeding? live food?

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 04:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

@monkeyruler90 The only fish that breed that Ive noticed are the cory cats. They do it all the time. Especially around water change time, I start siphoning water out and they start getting excited. The black harlequins and CPDs show signs of making out and what not but wont ever see any babies from them due to too many hungry mouths.

I feed a mix of various dry foods, algae wafers, carnivore pellets, occasional frozen blood worms, and some kind of blanched or frozen veggie of some kind 2 times a week. The veggies are usually zucchini, potatoe, or peas.

Thanks, the crypt is taking off pretty good for my setup.

Edit: Wanted to add everyone probably gets a decent amount of baby shrimp also, the colony is pretty steady now at about I would guess 50-80 or so shrimp and there are always berried females running around.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode