Jared's 29 gal jungle - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum
 63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Added CPD juveniles

Long story short, the RCS in my 10 haven't berried at all and its been nearly 5 months . I decided to add the remaining four CPD juveniles to the big tank. Here they are! The three I added a few weeks ago grew very fast and I'm hoping these will have a growth spurt as well. The mom, and now 7 babies are together again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I forgot to post the rescape I did on Sunday...

Found some panda Cory eggs this morning, they are now in the 10.

post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Looking good!
frogmanjared likes this.

Style: Organic potting soil, gravel, sand, wood, plants, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Classic 150, Neptune Systems Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I looked in the tank last night after midnight with a flashlight. I got to see a panda Cory carrying eggs around! Woke up this morning to find 5 eggs, some that I saw were already picked off and gone. They seem to be exclusively laying in the java moss, not in the subwassertang now. I have found around 15 in the subwassertang, and 10 recently in the java moss. There are wrigglers in the 10 gallon now!

post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Smile

Marbled Hatchetfish, I'm so excited!

I wasn't having much luck with the panda eggs in the shrimp 10, so I got a marina breeder box.

There are 4 fry and some eggs, its hard to get a clear picture. Nice belly full of bbs.

Here is one fry still absorbing its egg sac.

lisals likes this.

post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Got some shots of a few fish today. Its nice to see Shy Guy (SAE) not hiding constantly. My guess is he/she's around 3".

The honey gourami (Cranelab) always comes to the front of the tank when I try to take a picture of him. If youre wondering, my kids named some fish. We have a C. trillineatus named Triforce.

I tried my best to get clear pictures of the Panda Cory fry. I count around 14, with 12 or more eggs still to hatch.

lisals likes this.

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Panda Cory fry update time!

I have had some issues with egg fungus, and random die offs early with this breeding project. Ever since I introduced 2 RCS into the breeder box and adding two doses of microbe-lift artemiss (once after water change, and once in the middle of the week) I have had zero fry deaths and only lost eggs due to non-fertilization! The count right now is around 13 and I just collected around 20 eggs yesterday.

I moved the 6 larger fry into the 10 gallon yesterday to grow out. Here are some pictures!!!

This guy/gal might need a name. It has no eye on one side, but I think there a tiny, recessed eye on the other. It also has strange coloration, but the smaller ones haven't lost their mottling completely. Or maybe the C. trilineatus got in the action and fathered some of the fry. Any thoughts?

Here you can clearly see the coloration difference between the oldest fry, and the oddball.

Tessa and lisals like this.

post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

New additions

I really shouldn't be allowed into Petco anymore! With the true SAE becoming less of an algae hound, I saw some extremely healthy ottos and picked up three. I also saw a female sunset honey gourami that day. Maybe a breeding project once the zebra danios are gone from the 10. There was actually some cool plecos, L204 flash. I resisted, until I had to go back because the assassin snails I got were dead.... figures. I have assassin snails on order, and I got the flash pleco. I am going to avoid feeding spinach, since the last pleco started eating plants when spinach wasn't enough. The boys named the female honey gourami Zelda. It fits the fish well.

I got some repashy soilent green (still laugh every time I see the name, Simpsons episode if anyone recalls) and dried it on some maple twigs. The first time I put it in the ottos went straight to it. Put some in recently and they only eat a little. They are eating like pigs with full bellies, so I might not to feed the sticks often.

I love watching this guy! They kids couldn't agree on a name, so they have a few nicknames. Thunderbolt and Stripey.

Here, you can see why I want assassins! My wife has been feeding in the mornings since my schedule has changed. I can't complain too much, since the pandas are laying eggs multiple times a week, as well as the CPD.

post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I realized its been months since a FTS... when I checks my photos, I only have one from early December! Edit: got a new one below this one!

Sorry about the glare! I removed the E. tenellus around the Crypt retrospiralis. I wish the H. corymbosa compact would grow a bit more compact! I have to trim it every other week and it gets a little too leggy for my liking, but it still looks nice.
Sam the Slayer likes this.

Tags
29 gallon, diy co2, sand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode