I've been working on this tank since January. Received the rocks I ordered for it today and got them placed in the tank. The hardscaping is done aside from a lil monkeying around with the Eco-Complete. Next step is planting. I'm aware that Discus and black don't mix well due to peppering, but we'll get around that with no issues once its planted and the ground cover and background plants have had time to grow in.
In the mean time here are some pics of the tanks progress minus the pics of the plumbing.
Black glass painted and glass tops cut to fit plumbing for filters. Everything else will be out of site and plumbed inline.
This is a pic of the stand before any modifications were done.
This is a pic after the modifications. The only one you can see from the outside is the addition of the trim around the base of the tank. Under the tank I waterproofed it with polyurethane and clear caulk. Added a few 1x4s and stained them to mount hardware on. More pics of the hardware later once the tank is up and running.
This is the manzanita I picked up online. It took me a week to actually break down and get it. I really like this orientation. It holds a lot of potential for moss and plants.
In this pics I've got the Eco-Complete and sand in the tank after rinsing, but still have them divided with a piece of plastic until I got the rocks.
This is what the hardscaping looks like as of tonight.
Another view of the hardscape from an angel.
Updates coming soon...