! I was a little hesitant about the Emperor tetras, but my little girl picked them out. She did a good job! I see you've got a DIY LED build. I may have to check that out, try to get my PAR and PUR up! All in good time.
Bump: Today I decided to wage WAR on the BGA. I punched it right in the face with H2O2. Here's the procedure I followed:
1) Turned off all circulation, filter and skimmer, and waited 5 minutes for flows to settle.
2) Loaded up a 10 mL syringe with H2O2
3) Repeatedly punched BGA in the face, mostly at the substrate level, a little on some of the plants.
4) Total used was 35 mL, I felt I was getting trigger happy, so I stopped there.
5) Watched BGA scream in agony for 30 minutes.
6) Filter and skimmer back on.
So far so good. Fish seem as happy as always. Guess I'll know more in 24-48hrs how everything fared out.
Also tested water parameters with what API test kits I have.
NH4: 0.5 ppm
NO2: 0 ppm
NO3: 20 ppm
Found my CO2 bubble count had slowed for some reason, so I cranked that back up. Added my regular macro doses, and also added 5 ml of Excel. Now my daughter wants to type something:
6oppuxcrsxg gfagyg jnp; b vi9093gk;k;n k[l;lbjw,kb kqnckqjjwl.kwnkwb kwqu
She's sitting on my lap, gotta keep it fun. Until next time!