1Likes
  • 1 Post By jahmic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
Jahmic's 20g low-tech - tales of a traveling man

My return was inevitable.

It has been almost 4 years since I took down my last tank, which was a 120g reef. Prior to getting into SW, I was an avid aquascaper of the planted variety, and probably have a couple old tank journals floating around here.

Anyway, I missed the hobby dearly, but found it difficult to commit to starting another tank since I now have a toddler running around the house, and travel for work frequently. Then, one day while I was across the country for business, my wife found a box of my old equipment which included a 2g nano tank, came home with a couple platies for the kid...and you can imagine what happened next.

We have 12 babies and they need a new home.

Here we go....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NIKON Pimp Club #003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
Tank Specs

20g high
Filtration: Aquaclear AC70 hob
Lighting: Current USA Satellite LED+
Heater: Fluval 100w
Substrate: Fluval Stratum

My primary goal with this build is low maintenance. I am gone sometimes for 4-5 days, so we needed a set-and-forget build. I plan to start planting with java fern, bucephalandra, and anubias. Once I get the tank dialed in, I'll be adding some rooting plants so that we can rely on root tabs for any supplemental dosing. Undecided on species still...I'm going to test the water and decide based on our parameters since I'd like to get a healthy carpet going. I live in the mountains next to Mt. Mitchell, so we are fortunate to have pretty pristine tap water. The RO/DI is in the basement for plan B if we need it, but I'm confident in the quality of our tap.

Hardscape was sourced from a local riverside park...we had some serious flooding over the fall when a retaining wall failed, so there is a soccer field covered with driftwood and stones. We cherry picked a few pieces and came up with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190124_215500_1548385971419.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	876269  

Thelongsnail likes this.

~~~~~~

NIKON Pimp Club #003

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode