Ventchur's 25g Cube - Planted Tank Journal - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum
 106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Day 1 vs Day 92

Not the greatest quality but it's awesome to see big growth from the mini pelia and other slow growers. The explosion of pinnatifida and monte carlo is so satisfying to watch.. All the stems have had multiple trims throughout the tanks life by now and are not at peak height/shape currently.

ipkiss, LRJ, Sarpijk and 4 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ventchur; 06-02-2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: quality
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Algae Grower

Love it!

YaBoiHunt
post #48 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrubbyDick View Post
I just noticed your MC growing across your sand. You better trim that because it will root there. And it’s no fun trying to trim MC that’s rooted in sand.
From this

to this

Just cut vertically outlining the rock and the whole section growing in the sand can be uprooted/lifted out easily. 20 seconds and done.
vvDO, ScrubbyDick and tredford like this.

Last edited by Ventchur; 06-02-2019 at 02:09 PM. Reason: quality

post #49 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:52 PM
Algae Grower

Do you have any regrets with your current light? If you were to start over today, would you still go with the Chihiros RGB 45cm? I ask because I think that I am going to start over and move up from a 16 gallon cube to a 25 gallon cube.
post #50 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGambit View Post
Do you have any regrets with your current light? If you were to start over today, would you still go with the Chihiros RGB 45cm? I ask because I think that I am going to start over and move up from a 16 gallon cube to a 25 gallon cube.
Love the light.

Cheapish, looks sleek, not crazy high output although the colour spectrum is incredible. I only wish I had two so I could get perfect coverage and intensity throughout the entire tank. Recently been using the RGB and the A-Series Plus in combo to try and turn the H'ra more red, but no signs yet..

post #51 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

This is why i'll never put a lid over my tanks, top down is such a sweet perspective.

dang, LRJ, ScrubbyDick and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Ventchur; 06-02-2019 at 02:15 PM. Reason: quality
post #52 of 80 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

4.5 month update:

Had a wonderful time moving this tank downstairs to have the carpets redone and then move it back afterwards.. Thankfully I was able to drain the water down to a couple inches and just pick it up. Lost a couple shrimp and fish but it went smoother then expected. Also was able to upgrade my filter from the Eheim 2213 to the 2215 for more flow.

Current inhabits include:

4 CPD's
2 SAE's
2 Ember tetras
Amano/Cherry shrimp
1 Nerite snail

Tank is kind of on autopilot and doesn't require much attention. Just a trim here and there, some feeding and water changes. Thinking about a rescape in a month or two and getting a new school of nano fish.

dang, Hendy8888, ipkiss and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Ventchur; 06-02-2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: quality
post #53 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Downoi growth

ipkiss, Sarpijk, tredford and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Ventchur; 06-03-2019 at 12:04 AM. Reason: quality
post #54 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
I'm so pissed. I lost some tissue culture downois to some pest snails. Granted it was a big melt but as I had real small growth slowly coming out from one last successful stalk, and making headway, it got completely wiped out in one day by a hungry pest snail.

Will appreciate through your pics for now. Yours is just beautiful and the way you blend things is most inspiring. I'll slowly get there one day, maybe.

Probably have to buy immersed the next time I try again. Hoping it was just that random snail and not all of them have a taste for it.

post #55 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post
I'm so pissed. I lost some tissue culture downois to some pest snails. Granted it was a big melt but as I had real small growth slowly coming out from one last successful stalk, and making headway, it got completely wiped out in one day by a hungry pest snail.

Will appreciate through your pics for now. Yours is just beautiful and the way you blend things is most inspiring. I'll slowly get there one day, maybe.

Probably have to buy immersed the next time I try again. Hoping it was just that random snail and not all of them have a taste for it.
Thats unfortunate, do you have the same kind of snails you see in my mini pelia or different?

post #56 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 04:12 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
this is looking great. very nice job.
post #57 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventchur View Post
Thats unfortunate, do you have the same kind of snails you see in my mini pelia or different?
What snails? I see no snails in your pristine tank!!

post #58 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:23 PM
PLT
Algae Grower

That's an amazing tank!
post #59 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwarsfan View Post
this is looking great. very nice job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLT View Post
That's an amazing tank!
Thanks guys!

post #60 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post

What snails? I see no snails in your pristine tank!!
Super super tiny but there's probably 150 of these guys throughout the tank.

Tags
co2, cube, fern, moss, rotala

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode