Ventchur's 25g Cube - Planted Tank Journal - Page 13 - The Planted Tank Forum
 267Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 220 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 10:48 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Neat! I've considered trying this but worried it might introduce filter pump life issues with the introduction of gas and subsequent pressure loss there. Have you noticed any problems?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 220 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Air plants above the tank attached to the prime mount. Superglued onto some sponge then onto an old nano magnetic glass cleaner, easy to detach and soak. Inspired by @Hendy8888

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ventchur; 04-26-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: edit
post #183 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-01-2020, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

First iteration of this scape.

2/23/20 - 4/21/20

New plants came in last Sunday and some major renovations ensued. Updates coming soon..

post #184 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-01-2020, 12:10 AM
Algae Grower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ventchur likes this.

post #185 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-01-2020, 01:11 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Cool transition

post #186 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Minor renovations include:

Removed Litorella carpet and replaced with Glossostigma
Pulled up all Hygrophilia and replaced half with Ranunculus papulentus, replanted the tops of the other half
Pulled up all Pogostemon and replaced half with Rotala colorata, replanted the tops of the other half
Trimmed mosses & pinntatifida

post #187 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 01:20 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Your tank is over the top. I've never seen anyone plant Glosso so meticulously, and I've watched Amano in-person plant Glosso.
Just planted and not grown in that looks better than mine. I can grow plants, I just don't have the design skills. I'm working on it.
Love the Pogo helferi. I've never gotten it to like me, but it might in my current set up. I have some I tissue cultured. I need to pull it out of flask.
P.Isley likes this.
post #188 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
The Glosso should be a nice change and will give good contrast. That's the best way to plant it. I've planted HC one stem at a time and it always came in great. The Papulentus is the same as Inundatus right. That's a nice plant. I always had a problem keeping it short. It's very invasive, but easy to cut back.

Still digesting plant growing out of inanimate object (light stand)

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

post #189 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Belton View Post
Your tank is over the top. I've never seen anyone plant Glosso so meticulously, and I've watched Amano in-person plant Glosso.
Just planted and not grown in that looks better than mine. I can grow plants, I just don't have the design skills. I'm working on it.
Love the Pogo helferi. I've never gotten it to like me, but it might in my current set up. I have some I tissue cultured. I need to pull it out of flask.
I think it pays off greatly planting your carpet meticulously from the start if possible as @Asteroid concurs. Also, I paid for one day shipping of the tissue cultures but they ended up coming almost a week later. Glosso looked the worse out of the bunch and didn't leave me with a lot of plant mass.

Yeah, I agree with you about the helferi.. So satisfying to see it grown in dense bushes. Just need to find out what's the best course of action for maintaining, trimming or replanting tops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
The Glosso should be a nice change and will give good contrast. That's the best way to plant it. I've planted HC one stem at a time and it always came in great. The Papulentus is the same as Inundatus right. That's a nice plant. I always had a problem keeping it short. It's very invasive, but easy to cut back.

Still digesting plant growing out of inanimate object (light stand)
"The river buttercup from Australia, Ranunculus inundatus, is also sold with the label Ranunculus papulentus". Interested to see how it grows, I just love the leaf shape.

post #190 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-04-2020, 03:13 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Beautiful tank, very delicate and detailed. This is something I like about nano tanks, that you can really focus in the tiniest of details and make the scape look compact and complex in a very tiny space. I like the changes a lot, especially the carpet changes, I think in such a small tank like this a very short carpet like glosso, would look a lot better.

post #191 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizpa305 View Post
Beautiful tank, very delicate and detailed. This is something I like about nano tanks, that you can really focus in the tiniest of details and make the scape look compact and complex in a very tiny space. I like the changes a lot, especially the carpet changes, I think in such a small tank like this a very short carpet like glosso, would look a lot better.
Yeah the glosso is a big hit I think, really improves the scape. I've always wanted to try it ever since seeing it in ADA picture books and online but never got around to it till now.

Chizpa305 and P.Isley like this.

post #192 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 01:42 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Man that's an old book. I think it was pre-aqua soil and people actually scaped with riccia. I have the same one. LOL

2 Foot Rimless Tank - Under Construction

post #193 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 09:28 AM
Wannabe Guru

Ohhh nice changes there, cant wait to see it grow into itself a bit over the next couple weeks! You have patience for planting apparently!

my 20 gallon journal:

my 8 gallon journal:

my 35 gallon journal:
post #194 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 09:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Tank is looking fantastic! So crisp and clean with such healthy plants. Well done this time around!

|

post #195 of 220 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
Man that's an old book. I think it was pre-aqua soil and people actually scaped with riccia. I have the same one. LOL
I remember scaping with riccia once.. It's crazy how not a single soul uses it anymore, rip riccia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewss View Post
Ohhh nice changes there, cant wait to see it grow into itself a bit over the next couple weeks! You have patience for planting apparently!
Glosso update coming soon, the patience does pay off for a quick way to fully and evenly carpet an area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
Tank is looking fantastic! So crisp and clean with such healthy plants. Well done this time around!
Thanks man!

Tags
co2, cube, fern, moss, rotala

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode