10 gallon temp tank - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By moogoo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
10 gallon temp tank

So, just a basic 10 gallon tank from petco. I think it's an aqueon. Silicone is ugly as hell, but I got it as a last minute solution when I moved to another state and my ADA 75P wasn't coming with me.

My plan for this was to just keep it simple. Guppies and the few cardinals/neons that have survived the move with me. It was extremely low tech with no CO2, no ferts, but eventually I started dosing and doing pressurized CO2. I run a eheim 2215 on this tank and despite it being overrated for this size tank, it doesn't even seem to provide that much flow. I think it's starting to go bad.

Anyway, i had a time where I was lazy and didn't do many water changes or notice the CO2 was empty. I got some BBA, hair algae, and clado. After adding a whole bunch of stem plants, getting my CO2 fixed, and getting on a consistent water change schedule, the BBA died off and there is nothing left in the tank. I am now battling the hair algae and clado, both of which can be seen in the pic below.

For now, this tank is just a simple garden with no real scape in mind. Just something pretty to look at until I have the space and finances to get a larger tank (i'm thinking 120p or larger?), after which this tank will become a quarantine/plant nursery tank. Starting this tank journal just as a way to keep track of my algae fighting escapades and see how the tank changes.

As far as my plan for the hair algae/clado battle, at my next water change I plan to do manual removal as much as I can and then do a large dose of excel directly onto effected areas. Hopefully after a few weeks of doing that, I'll be able to get rid of it. On a positive note, since adding the many new stem plants, the hair algae and clado have slowed down quite a bit.

Anyway, thanks for checking this out. Thoughts, comments, questions are always welcome.

For some reason, Google photos hosted images don't resolve to embed the photo, so I have it attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1023.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	875875  

tredford likes this.

Last edited by moogoo; 01-18-2019 at 08:38 PM. Reason: add picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 07:53 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wow, your temporary tank is nicer than my permanent ones

I use this site to embed google photos, but they all seem to come out absolutely massive. Hope this helps!

https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/

Journal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
hey, thanks for the link. i'll give that a try for the next update.

there's a lot of stuff in there.. 16 different species to be exact. there are a handful of plants in the background that aren't growing very fast. i may be swapping them out to the front for the ones that are growing fast. that way they'll all be visible. but trying to deal with this algae stuff first.

i'm heading out to find some amanos today. there is one in there, but might be too much for just one. I'll see if i can add another 6 or so.

Thanks again!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode