My First Planted Cube - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By shogren

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hello!

I'm setting up my first ever planted tank (after dabbling in nano-reefs a few years back) and I feel like a beginner all over again!

Tank: 8G Cadlights Mini Series, Fluval Nano 15w light, 50w heater, and a strong built in pump (I think it said "187 GPH return pump").

There are 3 compartments in the back: There's a filter pad in first one, the heater in the middle, and the pump in the third. I also have ceramic rings I can put under the heater (should I? do these help?)

Stock: I already forgot what kind of substrate I bought from my local place...but I put in an Amazon Spear, Hornwart, Nana, and some Dwarf Hairgrass. I plan on adding a few many more plants once the tank is really up and running, and will add some fish soon (still deciding!) There's some fungus on the driftwood right now, but the water has cleared up after the first few days of cloudiness and some partial water changes.

Aquascaping: I'm not super happy with the driftwood placement, but I had to put it in front of the pump to disperse the flow a bit. I feel like it is too up front and center, but I like the shape and want to plant some moss or grass on it eventually. It also has a small hole in the middle where something can be planted. I have a clip on the back holding it down bc it was still floating even after boiling for hours and hours and hours.

Here is the full album I'll be updating: https://imgur.com/a/WaxCPBi

Any suggestions or tips or feedback are appreciated! Thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4C6A65CE-2FD9-49E6-8714-95DD771DBF47_1547689050702.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	875723  

Name:	B99B135E-6C0F-424B-83F8-CC3FFA55C353_1547689181981.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	875725  

Last edited by shogren; 01-17-2019 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Pictures broken!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Arrow Week 2

Added a few more plants, some snails, and a Fluval Mini C02 kit! The C02 has only been on for two days or so, and it fits perfectly in the back of the tank. I'm excited to see it help.

Plants: there's been a bit of new growth, but mainly I'm concerned that the plants melting doesn't get much worse (hopefully the C02 helps there!) The nana in the bottom corner seems to be doing the best.

Snails: One of the small ones died after just a few days, but the larger one seems to be doing great.

Fish: I had my water tested at my LFS, and they said I'm ready for fish! I'm likely going to put in a few tetras, but I still have to do some research since the tank has a pretty strong flow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5949.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	876203  

Name:	IMG_5946.jpg
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	876205  

Name:	IMG_5848.jpg
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	876207  

Discusluv likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode