2Likes
  • 1 Post By rnaodm
  • 1 Post By rnaodm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
6g Low tech glass box of meh!

Originally was a 6g AIO. I ripped the false wall out just to make more room over all. Now a days I sort of regret doing it as it worked well to hide the equipment and may have led to the survival of a couple more shrimp as they wouldn't of been victim to the filters intake in the early days of the aquarium

Currently being lit by two LED fixtures, one is about a year old and doesn't quite shine like it used to. I picked up another and am running both as a temp solution until I move to my new place.

Live stock 7 tetras 1 corydoras 4 CRS 2 Unknown types, Odd Brown striped and clear coloration. Unknown amount of baby's as I didn't separate the two gravid mamas, but have spotted 2 teeeeny ones and at least one has already molted.

Few lbs of Seryu stone and single piece drift wood. Id like to pickup quite a bit of dragon stone and dwarf baby tears and either go with a bigger tank or redo this one.
Was using all Fluval stratum, didn't really care for it, went with half stratum half play sand. Plants are growing better in the sand! Might go with sifted soil and a sand cap.

The big boy Ive had almost a year now. Hes a bit over an inch long and looks to be obese, Anyone know the normal resting heart rate of tiny shrimp?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	875421  

Name:	2 (2).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	875425  

Name:	Bigguy.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	875427  

Hulgarth likes this.

Last edited by rnaodm; 01-12-2019 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Small meeting of the shrimps to welcome the little one, as he is now big enough to not be eaten he is now considered one of them.

Sorry for the quality, some day ill stop using a phone for photographs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bringinghomebaby.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	875437  

Name:	jr.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	875439  

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Momma and baby, anyone know the common name of this color/pattern?

Sorry for the horrible photos, they're greenish brown with light brown stripes/spots
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	momnbabby.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	875485  

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 06:25 PM

Thumbs up Nice!

Getting ready to do something very similar to your tank. Planted, shrimp & a few fish.
Thx for sharing.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Spotted a shrimp Pair making whoopie today, tanks doing fine, picked up a couple nerite snails to help battle the algae growing on the plant leaves...

The red leafed plants in the mid rotted away, not sure if they were even true aquatic. Picked up some dwarf HG.

Think its time to invest in a real budget dslr tired of taking/looking at horrible pics

Bump: Spotted a shrimp Pair making whoopie today, tanks doing fine, picked up a couple nerite snails to help battle the algae growing on the plant leaves...

The red leafed plants in the mid rotted away, not sure if they were even true aquatic. Picked up some dwarf HG.

Think its time to invest in a real budget dslr tired of taking/looking at horrible pics
tredford likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Tank was doing fairly well, Fish thriving, shrimps breeding, slight algae issue but was coming under control then today I wake up to see this :/

Pretty disappointing its the only tank I have left.

Im moving in a month so I may try to attempt to plug the leak in the mean time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	leak.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	876857  

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Algae Grower

Bummer on the leak. You definitely need more shrimp in that tank and by the sounds of it, it shouldn't be too long before that happens! Hopefully you can get that leak fixed quickly.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Leak was fixed pretty quickly everything's growing good, Lost a cherry due to old age (assuming) Have 1-2 Gravid shrimp atm. Starting to get a bit of hair algae just did a water change, think im gonna let the tank go dark for atleast 48hrs.

Gonna redo the substrate and hardscape after we move in a couple weeks. Id like it to look more original much less generic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	arfgsd.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	877987  

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode