Grobbins 40 Breeder Planted (Previously 40 Breeder Blackwater Journey) - Page 17 - The Planted Tank Forum
 569Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 250 (permalink) Old 12-06-2020, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Been a while since an update. Not a ton to update on. I did swap the filer to a fluval 307 last weekend, which I am quite happy with.

Pretty amazing how quickly these angles grow! They seem to be doing well. A little tussle here and there, but no one is beat up, no fins tattered.

Tonight I took time to plant a ton a buce that has been floating in the tank for a month or so. Hope it takes well, as theist time I did this nearly everything rotted away.

A few pics from just a bit ago!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 250 (permalink) Old 12-21-2020, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Though this was a pretty cool picture tonight!
Greggz, ipkiss, chayos00 and 4 others like this.

|

post #243 of 250 (permalink) Old 12-22-2020, 02:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Looks really good! Such a peaceful vibe this tank has (in my mind anyway, it might be more chaotic in person )
Grobbins48 likes this.

"No Ice? Just Freeze Some Water"

post #244 of 250 (permalink) Old 12-22-2020, 03:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Beautiful!! Love it! And love the neons!
Grobbins48 likes this.
post #245 of 250 (permalink) Old 12-22-2020, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagulator View Post
Looks really good! Such a peaceful vibe this tank has (in my mind anyway, it might be more chaotic in person )
Thanks Quag! It really is peaceful to be honest. So far the angelfish has been alright. One is absolutely the dominant, but no broken fins or anything (yet??).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Beautiful!! Love it! And love the neons!
Thank you! They shimmer pretty great under the lights! LED is perfect look for this tank.
Quagulator likes this.

|

post #246 of 250 (permalink) Old 01-06-2021, 09:26 PM
Planted Member

Beautiful tank! cool journey. I just picked up a 180 and was trying to think of what sand to use, and really like the way yours looks with the wood and lighter sand. What sand is it that you went with? I love how natural it looks with the pebbles thrown in!

post #247 of 250 (permalink) Old 01-06-2021, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingwendil View Post
Beautiful tank! cool journey. I just picked up a 180 and was trying to think of what sand to use, and really like the way yours looks with the wood and lighter sand. What sand is it that you went with? I love how natural it looks with the pebbles thrown in!
Thank you for the kind words! It is pool filter sand, and the pebbles are landscaping stones in a bag from home depot.
chayos00 likes this.

|

post #248 of 250 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Sooo... I am considering selling off the platinum angelfish and finding something more natural looking. @Discusluv or anyone else, would love some of your thoughts on what would do well in this 40 breeder if you have any! Not really looking to do apistogramma again right now.

|

post #249 of 250 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 11:11 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
Sooo... I am considering selling off the platinum angelfish and finding something more natural looking. @Discusluv or anyone else, would love some of your thoughts on what would do well in this 40 breeder if you have any! Not really looking to do apistogramma again right now.

How about schools of nano-tetras and rasboras....nothing more than an inch....like CPDs, ember tetras, chili rasboras, green neon tetras, toucan tetras, kubotai rasboras, etc?....

...and shrimp for a clean-up crew
Grobbins48 likes this.
post #250 of 250 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzn7z7 View Post
How about schools of nano-tetras and rasboras....nothing more than an inch....like CPDs, ember tetras, chili rasboras, green neon tetras, toucan tetras, kubotai rasboras, etc?....

...and shrimp for a clean-up crew
Not a bad idea! But so torn on what to do... haha

|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode