Grobbins 40 Breeder Planted (Previously 40 Breeder Blackwater Journey) - Page 16 - The Planted Tank Forum
 528Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 229 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 11:04 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
I know it's not 'right' but I love the way this hygrophila kompakt is looking. Other may think I different but it's pretty cool to me!

That does look good...is it experiencing a deficiency or have you come across a sub-species?
butchblack likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 229 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchblack View Post
Grobbins48 Interesting. I want to do something similar. I have a CO2 regulator with two outlets and I'm trying to figure out how to do this without buying a second controller. The 40B will be planted much lighter than my 75g, so I'm less concerned about getting optimum CO2 than adding a bit to enhance growth. How are you hooking your's up?
I have the same thought process, just wanted to add a bit of CO2, not max this tank out. The 75 I pump lot's of CO2 in.

I simply put a 'T' on the regulator output with two barbed adapters. They each run line to Dwyer RMA 151 SSV flow meters. I use those to dial the rate in properly. The CO2 controller is set on the 75 to a safety level, so if there is EOTD or something happens I can save the tank. I dial in the CO2 to drop to just before shutting off by the controller on the 75 gallon. It has been working quite well for the past couple of weeks.

The CO2 on the 40 breeder is something like 10cc/min, enough to get it in the water column, but not so much that I worry about gassing the fish!

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzn7z7 View Post
That does look good...is it experiencing a deficiency or have you come across a sub-species?
Definitely some sort of deficiency- but I am no expert here. I only put in 5ppm NO3, and 2.5 each of PO4 and K. Mg I didn't really add at all until this weeek, water is naturally 7ppm. We will see if anything changes!
Greggz likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #228 of 229 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 01:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbins48 View Post
Definitely some sort of deficiency- but I am no expert here. I only put in 5ppm NO3, and 2.5 each of PO4 and K. Mg I didn't really add at all until this weeek, water is naturally 7ppm. We will see if anything changes!
Will be interesting to see how the plant health holds up.

Either way, it does look pretty cool. Just don't know if you can keep it there or not.

---
---

post #229 of 229 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Little rearranging today, and decided to cut the CO2 again- this tank doesn't really need it and I didn't like how much faster the tank drains from the 75. I feel this is one of the better looks this tank has had for a while!
Quagulator likes this.

|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode