• 1 Post By Jamo33
  • 1 Post By dez275

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
1st Aquascape- APA 90p

Hey guys,
I'm looking for some pointers to make my first aquascape really "pop". In the attached photo you can see I have a large piece of manzinita with seiryu stone.

Some critiques or suggestions would be helpful since its difficult to envision the final product with plants and livestock.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	option1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	875133  

Little Soprano and TheMinx like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 11:48 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Honestly, you are off to a good start.
Suggestions, with substrate in there you can change the look.
The rear left being the highest point and sloping toward front right will create a more dramatic feel. It will also allow for easier staggering of the rocks (as to not lose them behind the wood and amongst the plants).

I like the look truly. Ideas on planting?
TheMinx likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the input. Iím continuing to fine tune the rock and wood placement while waiting for the ADA soil to arrive.

As far as planting, I was hoping for some help at buceplants.com on recommendations but they werenít helpful so I will try to reach out to individuals selling plants to see if they could be more helpful putting together a selection.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

Looks like you are onto something. Have you considered having portions of the wood breaking the surface of the water? That can give a nice effect, and also allow for some moss or something to creep above the water line, keeping the tanks as more than a box of water.

The wood has a nice shape to it and can probably pull this off quite well!

Nice start!

|

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thats exactly what I am shooting for. I love how some tanks have moss covered branches above the water line. Thanks!
Grobbins48 likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode